Frustration with Printing Cut Sheets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Brent Brown

Frustration with Printing Cut Sheets

Post by Brent Brown »

Sorry, but it pains me to keep fighting problems that seem so easy for programmers to fix (yes, I have a degree in programming).

When the cut lists print the name of the doors always overruns the width dimension. Why can't the doors be renamed to "left door" and "right door" by the programmers instead of me having to relabel the parts for every one of my stock cabinets? Do we really need to know on a cut list that it is "right hinge double door" more than we need to know the width? Please fix this frustrating bug.

And while I'm at it, is there a way to print the cut sheets in order numerically rather than ASCII sort order?

Thanks for listening, I feel better for now.

Brent Brown
Justin Melhiser

Re: Frustration with Printing Cut Sheets

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Brent
Is this happening with every file you try to print or just certain ones? I would like for you to send me one of you files that does this. You can post it or email it to me at cabinets@ecabinetsystems.com. Thank You
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Justin,
Here is a jpg of the nest which shows how the door name is over writing the dimensions of the door.
It does this with all slab doors. Nest a job using slab doors and you will see it.
Kerry
Attachments
nest_03.jpg
nest_03.jpg (186.94 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
Justin Melhiser

Brent and Kerry
I will get with the programmers this morning to go over this. I will let you guys know what I find out about a fix for this.
Justin Melhiser

Brent and Kerry
Currently, this is how the part display will list the doors. There are plans to improve this area in the future, but we do not have a time line on when this will happen.