How do i use patterns?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

leigh mills

How do i use patterns?

Post by leigh mills »

could someone please help me, i am trying to use a pattern that has been saved. so i have a PTN file that has been saved and i dont know how to use this. this is for a drawer runner
Justin Melhiser

Re: How do i use patterns?

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Leigh
When you go to the door drawer editor you will need to select the hardware. When you select which slide you want to use you will associate hole pattern. You then will pick the hole pattern you want to use. Now, when you add the drawer this hole pattern will be associated to the cabinet.
leigh mills

Post by leigh mills »

Yes ok, when this is complete does it show the hole pattern on the cabinet?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Yes it does.

Kerry
Attachments
pattern.jpg
pattern.jpg (24.6 KiB) Viewed 5999 times
leigh mills

Post by leigh mills »

when resizing the cabinet it affects the hole pattern, for example a standard 465 has its own hole pattern and when resizing to 365 depth it will need a new hole pattern. is there a way round this or do you have to create different sized cabinets or is there a way to input the hole pattern after the cabinet has been resized, this means the drawers will allready be in the cabinet

leigh
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Leigh,

The hole pattern is associated to a particular length of slide. If you reduce the depth of a cabinet you must change the length of the default slide and therein the associated hole pattern of the new slide.

Kerry
leigh mills

Post by leigh mills »

when you apply hardware to a cabinet such as hinges and rails, does this order them individually? or is it just to get the holes located in the correct position and also so the customer can see what it will look like.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Leigh,

The Default hardware that you assign any cabinet is added to the Buy List and Shopping Cart as you add Doors, Drawers etc. If you assign hole patterns to this hardware, the holes will show up on the boxes and can be machined by CNC if you are using one. You may want to create your own hardware hole patterns or edit the standard patterns Thermwood provides, to show only the holes you want. As you can see in the picture above, there are a lot of holes in that standard pattern.
You can also add Items to cabinets to get things such as Lazy Susans, Tip out Trays, Spice Racks etc. added to the Buy List when you place these cabinets in a room or batch. You can even add Shelf Pins.

Kerry
leigh mills

Post by leigh mills »

ok thankyou, how do you create your own hardware hole pattern and then use them?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Use the Hardware Hole Editor.
Find a Schematic drawing of your slide then use the dimensions from that to draw the hole positions in the editor. Save the pattern that you create for that slide.
You can also open an existing pattern in editor and delete some of the holes that you don't need then save that pattern.

You can find out more by opening the Hardware Hole Editor and clicking the Question mark to look at the Overview or by clicking on Help then eCabinets Made Easy and going to Using the Hardware Hole Editor.

Kerry
Attachments
editor.jpg
editor.jpg (79.83 KiB) Viewed 5815 times