Molding question!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Molding question!

Post by Francis Samson »

I was woundering if there was a faster way to snap crown moldings or whatever moldings to the cabinets in the C.L.? I know for a fact that it is laborious to install multiple moldings on the cabinets in the floor plan and (beeing a bit :fire: ) would like some clues on how to!
The problem i'm :wall: to, is; that with the crown #CR-crown-342 we can had a Dentil to it and to do this, we need to work in both axes (top view and wall view) but when it comes to the point of attaching it with a 45 deg angle cabinet, it turns out to be quite a challenge! Actually most of the molding that have to be install in the kitchen plan take more time then to build the kitchen it self!
It is easier to install the moldings in the cabinet editor and to delete those non-needed for the floor plan configuration but the result turns out to be a little bit off realistic in some cases!

So, what would be the easiest way to fix this? Should the molding editor in the CL be more accurate with some sort of an automatize layout section that we could give proper hight for different moldings and they would snap them-selfs to the cabinet layout? Can it be done? I mean by this, like with the counter top option!

It's only a suggestion for the other version coming up but it would be the best way to do it with out loosing to much time! :idea:

Tks guys and if you have some trick to give me for now, it would be appreciated a lot!

Francis :wink:
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Re: Molding question!

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Francis,

There are plans in the future to allow the mouldings to be added automatically. We are also working on user defined mouldings in which once you create a custom moulding, it can then be added to the moulding list and added on through the moulding editor.

As far as tips and techniques, I would place the cabinets into the room layout and then take the cabinets back into the cabinet editor to automatically place the mouldings. Mouldings can be automatically placed on base, upper, and corner units. Other members might have a better way.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Post by Francis Samson »

Tks Jason for the reply, i guess that for now it's a waiting game for the molding editor to be added in the next versions.

Francis
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Francis,

I do my moldings in a different way. I use the top of an upper cabinet, eliminating all the other parts, and making the cabinet 5/8" or 3/4" high depending on the material you use. Then I use that to make a run of molding to the length that I need with the return that I need. And if you use a top of a corner cabinet it will follow the angle that you have as well. That way it saves me a lot of time.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500