Production Sharing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

gordonjackson

Production Sharing

Post by gordonjackson »

I do not own a router and I have used the production sharing network in the past but it is hard to find what I am looking for. There should be more to the production sharing part of the Thermwood site. One feature that would be helpful would be to have categories for machine owners to enter as a searchable term like MDF door routing, box parts, dovetail drawers and radius work. As it is now I have to pull up whatever routers are in my area then call to find out what they can do. I would much rather search a database of machine owners that have the door program for instance. If they were in categories rather than just a Map it would a much more useful tool for me to find the right person for the job. In this particular case, where I need some doors made, it would be nice to know which owners have the Panelmetrix program so I could call them first.
It would also be useful to have a section in the production sharing section where non-owners like me could post a want ad and let machine owners bid for the work. Heck, Thermwood could charge a few bucks for arranging the transaction ala Ebay.
Justin Melhiser

Re: Production Sharing

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Gordon
I will pass these wishes on to a few people to see what they say. For now when you select a company from the web page, there is a product offering which explains what all they will do. I hope this helps you for now.
gordonjackson

Re: Production Sharing

Post by gordonjackson »

Thanks Justin, I like the Production Sharing program very much. It is a very useful tool. I just thought that it would be nice for the router owners to have predetermined categories to choose from for their listing like: mdf doors, parts machining, dovetail drawers, etc... If I were able to search the owner database it would show me a list of machine owners that do certain operations. It would be useful to me to know weather or not a machine owner has the panelmetrix or another door program for running mdf doors. It would also be nice to be able to post a job and have the machine owners that are not busy to call me instead of the other way around. Many times I have to call 4 or 5 guys to find someone that has time to do my job.
Thanks,
Gordon