Mesurement along wall

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tom Giacchina

Mesurement along wall

Post by Tom Giacchina »

I placed a door in a wall and want to check the measurement from the door out to the end of the wall. I know when I placed the door it gave me that number, but that was some time ago and I want to double check it. There are no cabinets in place yet on this wall, I want to figure out how much room I have to fit the refrigerator, oven and cabinets. I know what it should be, but want to know the drawing is right.

A tape measure feature would be cool.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Mesurement along wall

Post by George Davidson »

Mesurement along wall for door opening
Associate door to wall
Put it in the wall elevation
turn the door green
Mesurements will display at top left
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (64.67 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
Shot1.jpg
Shot1.jpg (72.95 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
Shot2.jpg
Shot2.jpg (78.41 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
Tom Giacchina

Post by Tom Giacchina »

I can't seem to associate the door to the wall. How do you select the door then the wall? In the Detail Room screen it won't let you select walls?

Thanks for the help!!
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

To select the wall, all you have to do is hover over it with the mouse. The wall should turn yellow (This changing of color is your indication that it will be selected.) Then right click on the wall and select Associate to Wall. You should then see your item associated in the Wall Elevation View. If by chance you see Disassociate From Wall, than that means the item you have selected is already associated. One note about associations in v5.1; you can only have ONE item selected at a time for associations. In the next version, you will be able to select multiple items at once and then associate them to a wall.

Hope this helps you.
Tom Giacchina

Post by Tom Giacchina »

When I do that (hilite wall) I don't get the option to Associate to wall when I right click?
Tom Giacchina

Post by Tom Giacchina »

I can get the option when I can select a cabinet but not the door.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Unless I'm misreading your original question, it seems that the replies went down a different track. If you are trying to determine the location of an "Entry Door", you can find that info in the elevation view. Select the door, look at the menu on the left; the position will be detailed. Move the door by typing in a new left or right position value. Be sure that you hit the Enter key after entering the value.

An "Entry Door" is already associated with the wall. You can not not place this type of door anywhere but on a wall, so it has to be associated.

If you were placing a "Cabinet Door" on a wall or in a room, then the other procedures would apply. Left-click on the cabinet door to select it, then move the cursor to the wall until it changes to yellow, the right-click and select Associate to Wall. The placed object (in this case, cabinet door) would be visible from the elevation view and can be moved in that view.
Tom Giacchina

Post by Tom Giacchina »

Thank you, that was it. All part of the learning curve.

Tom