Trouble connecting to internet?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nicholas Slovacek

Trouble connecting to internet?

Post by Nicholas Slovacek »

I am having trouble connecting to internet. Ecab's tells me that "something is stopping ecabinets from communicating with thermwood. Please verify that you do not have a firewall blocking ecabinets." Of which I have done to the best of my abillities. I made sure that it is an accepted program and have tried turning the firewall off. I have ran virus and spam checkers. Have removed them and tried it that way. A number of other things that I am not thinking of at the moment. It is a problem that overnite has popped up. Anybody else had similar trouble? Any other possible Ideas? Any suggestions greatly aprecciated. Thanks...
Nick

You can look to others to see your inspiration,
But look no further than yourself,
To find Determination.
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Trouble connecting to internet?

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Not sure where the problem would lie; seems like you've tried everything. I'm still somewhat suspicious of a firewall blocking ecabinets.exe from connecting to the Internet. The authentication server is up-and-running; it's the same server on which this forum is running.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Nicholas, please verify your email address here on the forum. The topic reply notification bounced with the error, "550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias", which simply means Verizon doesn't recognize your email address.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
Patrick Campbell

Post by Patrick Campbell »

I had the same problem my computer could not comunicate with thermwood. I first made sure that e cabs was permited on my fire wall, it was but still no comunication. I then turned off my fire wall and anti virus but my computer still could not comunicate with thermwood. I then noticed that other programs besides e cabinets could not comunicate with other computers/servers. After a lot of frustration I finally deleted my security program (Norten 360) and installed Mcafee since then every thing has worked fine, no more problems. If your using Norten 360 you may want to check in to that as your problem. I don't know exactly what was wrong but my problem had something to do with Norton.
Nicholas Slovacek

Dean my email address is nslovacek@aol.com. But AOL is not my ISP.
Nick

To find Determination.
Nicholas Slovacek

I went in and updated my profile in the forum but was unsucessful at getting ecab's to recognize the internet and update. Any more help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for all the suggestions so far...
Nick

To find Determination.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I'm good at asking dumb questions, so here goes. :wink:

Is the computer you are using to connect to the forum the same as the one you have eCabinets installed on? If so, that rules out a real problem connecting to the internet.
Nicholas Slovacek

Yep. One and the same. Nothing else has any difficulty connecting. It is only ecab. I have been round and round digging trying to figure it out. Not any options that I could find in internet options under controlpanel. Funny thing is just happened over night. Was working. Then next day wasnt. Thanks for the dumb question anyway Dan. Any other bright ideas would be appreciated. I am out of any. Been trying to talk with tech support. The think it is something toggled on my machine. I dont think that to be the case. But I'll keep looking...
Nick

To find Determination.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Let's step backward a bit. Exactly when do you get the error?
Nicholas Slovacek

I get the message when ever I click on the desktop short cut. It is trying to communicate with thermwood about a patch that was installed back in oct. I have been real busy and have not been able to get things resolved but have a bultin job comming up and would like to get things operational. But because the time has expired it is trying to communicate with thermwood but cant. Fortunatly I had everything backed up at the time. So I tried reinstalling the program. I removed and then reinstalled it. Now I get to the registration code box and filled out with my code then I hit OK. Then I am prompted that my default internet connection needs to be opened. So I click Yes. That is when it tells me "Something is stopping ecabinets from communicating with thermwood. Please verify that you do not have a firewall blocking ecabinets."
Nick

To find Determination.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Are you on a dialup connection to the internet? If so, try connecting to the internet before sending the registration.

In fact try that anyway, whether you are on dialup or not.
Nicholas Slovacek

I have broad band. So it is always connected. I have tried opening with my default browser as well as internet explore open. No luck...
Nick

To find Determination.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Maybe try downloading build 5 again and installing it.
Nicholas Slovacek

I tried that. I even tried reinstalling the whole program from the cd. No luck...
Nick

To find Determination.
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

Everything seems to point to either firewall blocking ecabinets access, maybe port filter on your modem/router? what port does ecabinets use for authentication? Is this a standalone computer or are you connected to a network, do you connect to you broadband by cable or wireless. could be wireless misconfiguration in ports filters or security settings, try rebooting all devices, and that mean unplugging them completly from power for 5-10 mins then reastarting everything.
This message made from recycled electrons.