Trouble connecting to internet?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nicholas Slovacek

Re: Trouble connecting to internet?

Post by Nicholas Slovacek »

Glenn,

I believe that there is something blocking it. As far as the firewall I know how to make sure the program is an accepted program. When it comes to port filter and authentication for ports or stuff like that I am a green horn. I do have a wireless router and hooked up to a local network that access the net through a router. This is the only computer on the net work hooked to the router through a lan line. Any enlightenment that you can share I will do my best to soak up. To my knowledge all that seems to work automaticly at least is does for everything else. And it used to for ecabinets aswell....
Nick

You can look to others to see your inspiration,
But look no further than yourself,
To find Determination.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

On the first page of firewall settings, make sure the "no exceptions" box isn't checked. I do not have anything in my exceptions list concerning Thermwood or eCabinets so that shouldn't be the problem.

On the "Advanced" tab, click the "Security Logging" button. On the dialog that displays, enable both checkboxes (Log dropped packets and Log successful connections).

After you try to connect with eCabinets look at the logfile (C:\WINDOWS\pfirewall.log if you didn't change it) and see if it shows anything. If you don't understand the log contents you can post it or email it to me and I will look at it.
Nicholas Slovacek

Post by Nicholas Slovacek »

Thanks everbody,

Problem solved. Though not the route I was wanting to go. I just got a new computer. Give that one to the wife to surf on or something. Back in the saddle and ecabs is working great....
Nick

You can look to others to see your inspiration,
But look no further than yourself,
To find Determination.