Software feature request

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Rodgers

Software feature request

Post by Michael Rodgers »

I posted a while back about making some things on parameters like doors and drawer boxes, but maybe that is a little to complex for the software in its present form. Here is a good compromise, what about allowing changing parts from one to the next. I played with the software and found the edgebanding editor where you can pull up all parts in a room and modify them, since the format for it is in place why not allow swapping out doors, drawer fronts, drawer boxes, hardware and materials in the same manner. Just put a pulldown menu to filter the parts, select, then swap and you're done. When designing a seed cabinet just specify the opening as a door or drawer, then change when done. Seed libraries would be a lot smaller, only need one generic one for the cutlist then just swap material and stuff after the design. If you change the way you build a draw box half way through a design just modify the one box in the library and then swap them out, a huge time saver. This would really speed things up when a customer can't decide what they want and need to see a price after each change.
Justin Melhiser

Re: Software feature request

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Michael
I will pass this along to the programmers. Thank you for your input.
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

For wish list requests, you can also use the FEEDBACK option in eCabinets under COMMUNICATIONS. By using this to submit suggestions for the software, it keeps track and can help better document the requests. If there are enough requests submitted this way by you and other users, than there is a better chance that your wish might actually come true!! :wink:
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

This would be a great addition to ecabs your on the money with this one Michael. Mark. Outlaw Carpenters 2009