object elevation

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

matt omeara

object elevation

Post by matt omeara »

In the detail room area of custom layout, I've found that when I try to locate objects by modifying their position value that the value I specify doesn't "take", or doesn't take as I specify. For example, I'll type 63 for the value to the base of the wall and then press Return. But as soon as I press return, the value 62 shows up rather than 63. This has happened on a lot of objects. What's happening to cause this?
Glenn Warner
Company Name: Expressions in Wood

Re: object elevation

Post by Glenn Warner »

Hi Matt,

I can duplicate this. Only happens to some cabs and not others. Looks like a bug to me. The arrows work fine to move by the "move increment".
matt omeara

Post by matt omeara »

I can get around this by typing 63 when I really want 62.

As I'm new to this program, I'm not sure if it's me not understanding something about the software, or if I'm hitting a bug. After running into a lot of these little glitches, I'm realizing that it's the software. But I like the simplicity and flexibility of this program. There always seems to be a fairly easy work around.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

I've never quite isolated what the cause of this bug is either, and it's been around awhile. The only workaround I've been successful with is a restart of the software, sometime sin conjunction with a reboot.

Are you entering the inch or mm designation with your value before hitting return?

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Matt
Post the file or email it to me. I will take a look at it and pass it on to the programmers if needed.
Glenn Warner
Company Name: Expressions in Wood

Post by Glenn Warner »

Justin,

Attached is the job file. Both cabinets are set to 0" from floor. Cabinet on the left is always 1 1/8" off.
Attachments
Bug report 2-25-2007.esj
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 276 times
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Glenn

This seems to be fixed in V5.2. However for now type in 1.125 in the bottom box and it will place the cabinet at zero.