Doors and drawers (Take 2)

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Doors and drawers (Take 2)

Post by Michael S Murray »

Jason,
For us residential guys, I think improvements to the drawer designer are important. such as the ability to put a scoop front ,angled sides,or dividers in drawers. For us commercial guys :) line drawing improvements are way high on the priority list......
Thanks,
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Leigh,
I am uncertain of what you need as far as output but you could use the Consestoga option for renderings and designs and then just build your own doors to match if that is the system. We use the Conestoga doors on our designs and build the doors ourselves. We have a router so we cut the boxes with eCabs but not doors. The OCnestoga renderings are decent enough for us to present to a customer and flexible enough for us to cover most designs we need to present. They also resize with the cabinet!
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Jason,
I won't mention 5.2. The doors and drawers improvement taking away time from other real important improvements is a bit like picking a meal at a restaurant. You like to pick more than one dish. However coming from another design program I can say sometimes more is not better. If you feel what Thermwood are supplying to do the door and drawer design is a little lacking now and it could be improved then lets improve it.

It is so disappointing having had the other kitchen programs to know of a long awaited release to find it is 90% there. The faults are outlined on the forum but it is never revisited. The programmers had to move onto the next best thing for release. The program which I wont name had a feature of kick boards or what you guys know them as plinths? Anyway they showed up and you could alter them but they weren't much use to anyone. They weren't much use for the throw down ladder frame type of guy and they weren't of use to me with the plastic foot application. So no one uses them and the programmers wasted months doing that feature.

So Jason in my mind putting things in reverse to improve on a previous feature shows guts and a drive for perfection of the software.

It was mentioned about a poll on what new features should happen. Only a small percentage of users are active on the forum but 100% would have a email address. Why not do both a forum and a mail-out. I don't think as users we should dictate to you where the program goes as its your money paying the programmers but it would foster a team spirit if we did have a choice on a few items. Can I also suggest you break up the choices to US and the rest of the world. As the rest of the world do have different construction ways.
Thanks
Neville
Neville Australia
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Neville Bastian wrote:Hi Jason,
I won't mention 5.2. The doors and drawers improvement taking away time from other real important improvements is a bit like picking a meal at a restaurant. You like to pick more than one dish. However coming from another design program I can say sometimes more is not better. If you feel what Thermwood are supplying to do the door and drawer design is a little lacking now and it could be improved then lets improve it.

It is so disappointing having had the other kitchen programs to know of a long awaited release to find it is 90% there. The faults are outlined on the forum but it is never revisited. The programmers had to move onto the next best thing for release. The program which I wont name had a feature of kick boards or what you guys know them as plinths? Anyway they showed up and you could alter them but they weren't much use to anyone. They weren't much use for the throw down ladder frame type of guy and they weren't of use to me with the plastic foot application. So no one uses them and the programmers wasted months doing that feature.

So Jason in my mind putting things in reverse to improve on a previous feature shows guts and a drive for perfection of the software.

It was mentioned about a poll on what new features should happen. Only a small percentage of users are active on the forum but 100% would have a email address. Why not do both a forum and a mail-out. I don't think as users we should dictate to you where the program goes as its your money paying the programmers but it would foster a team spirit if we did have a choice on a few items. Can I also suggest you break up the choices to US and the rest of the world. As the rest of the world do have different construction ways.
Thanks
Neville
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

Mike and Neville, I'll quote from your posts.

"It is so disappointing having had the other kitchen programs . . ."

And now I will read you the rules: Do not refer to competitive software or machines, either positively or negatively.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Genes biggest nightmare.jpg
Genes biggest nightmare.jpg (217.72 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Mike, I like the H@#$ out of that. lol
Damon Nabors
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Ya, I ll second that Damon........
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Here we go again, another locked topic.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64