Door DEsign

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Door DEsign

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Hi guys,

I have a request. That is if it's possible. I know that that topic is a bit old and that my question was probably answered some time ago but still I want to know if its possible. I want to create a door design like the file I have attached. With exactly the same details. I will be playing with Layout Manager for pretty much the first time and the kitchen that I am making is for someone important so I wanted to make it look right. I dont think that I will have trouble with anything else. I can still put all doors separatly and save the cabinets as assemblies. There would be no hardware holes but who cares. Layout Manager is mainly about looks and design and not about cabinet use. Anyways I would really appreciate any feed back from you. Thank you
Attachments
Door Test.hsf
(184.02 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Door DEsign

Post by DanEpps »

That certainly is a creative method for making a door Georgi. :wink:

What I usually do for something like this is to start with a face frame cabinet and remove everything except the face frames and back. It is resizable (as yours is) but still (like yours) has to be added manually and saved with the cabinet as an assembly.

Are you wanting to use the door designer to create this design? You can do everything except the 1/4" strips on each side of the panel. Those would still have to be added manually after you place the doors on the cabinet.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Dann,

one really has to be creative to work with eCabinets. There are many ways to do one thing with the program. Yes, these strips are requitement. They just add a feature to the otherwise all natural finish. My fear is that when I add all these panels to the cabinet carcass the whole thing will be so heavy (rendering wise) that it will drive me nuts when working in Layout Manager. May be the new 5.2 will bring improvement in that area. So I've heard and seen.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You shouldn't have any problems with rendering using that as a door. The easiest way to find out is to try it. Your "door" has no hardware or complicated moldings so it should render very easily.
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Georgi,
That's a very creative solution.

Just one idea...

You could try putting the mahogany pieces in the actual cabinet as stretchers with a negative front inset so they protrude through the door's panel, almost to the door's face. Then use a real door on the cabinet without the strips. Lock the stretcher's inset so they line-up with the doors' stiles. I expect two of the stretchers would need to be moved when you resize a double door cabinet.

This also might get a little sticky with a drawer stack or drawer over double door cabinet.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com