where is my tool

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Fese

where is my tool

Post by Mark Fese »

Today I created a tool in the shape manager for a finger pull edge detail, everything seemed to be fine I took the closed contour to save it in my profile tools and all went as planed. I then procedded to take one of the doors from the job to my part editor went to profile edge (single) my top edge clicked on next to view my tool selections clicked on the tool and a message appeared saying "closing tool selection dialog" and the screen returns to my door with the top edge path still highlighted? I checked all the other tools that I have designed and all have the TOL suffix same as this one yet I can't access it. Hate to have to remake it and have the same problem happen. anyone! thanks Mark.
Free Lance eCabinet Designers
ACD All Cabinet Design
www.acdallcabinetdesign.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: where is my tool

Post by DanEpps »

Did you save the geometry (not the tools itself, the geometry that you are prompted to save when exiting Shape Manager) for the tool? If so, you can open the X_T file and recreate the tool from it.

Also if you saved the geomerty, you can post it and someone else can try creating the tool and see if they have any problems with it.
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

No luck, I went ahead and recreated the same tool and it works fine dont know whats wrong with the other I attached it just for the heck of it maybe you can open it?
Attachments
mg finger pull.tol
this is the old one
(12.8 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
ACD All Cabinet Design
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Mark Fese wrote:No luck, I went ahead and recreated the same tool and it works fine dont know whats wrong with the other I attached it just for the heck of it maybe you can open it?
Wow, I almost downloaded that until I figured out it was the old 'pull my finger' trick.

Nice try. :joker:

Just kidding. I got the same result.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

Good one Mike!!! Nothing like a good laugh to start your morning. Thanks for trying at least I know it's not just me. Mark
ACD All Cabinet Design