Placing assemblies

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lee Gernandt

Placing assemblies

Post by Lee Gernandt »

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a little finicky placing assemblies in the room layout? I have align to back set, but I still end up having to tweak it a bit. Sometimes a little, sometimes alot. My upper cabinet assemblies always get placed on the floor.I usually end up jumping back and forth between the line drawing editor and the layout page to fine tune. I was just wondering if there was a faster way or not. Thanks, Lee.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Placing assemblies

Post by DanEpps »

Because an assembly can be made of any combination of upper and base cabinets, they are always placed on the floor.
Lee Gernandt

Post by Lee Gernandt »

But what about when it doesn't set them to the wall?I have the set to back selected, and usually it will set the back to the wall, but sometimes it will be away from the wall. Then I end up bouncing back and forth between line drawings and the layout page and tinkering with the move increment. It gets the job done, I was just wondering if there was something I'm not doing right.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Lee -- Try using your + key to zoom the cabinet and wall and you can get it real close with a small move increment. I use .1" to move a small amount with the zoom. The - key and will zoom out. FWIW.
Lee Gernandt

Post by Lee Gernandt »

I'll give that a shot. Thanks! Lee