Associating objects with a Wall and Presentation Mode

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

MartinSilber

Associating objects with a Wall and Presentation Mode

Post by MartinSilber »

Hi...couple of Newbie questions

1) How do I associate a countertop to a wall so when you do "Hide wall and associations" the countertop goes away too.

2) I am working on a kitchen design and at some point presentation mode went wonky. There appears to be a lot of "ghosts" in the cabinets. Meaning, the Window (as in a house window, not Microsoft) is appearing in some of the cabinets and you can see the insides of some cabinets. When it start to renders it looks like it will be good, but when it finished it is not. Any thoughts?

martin
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Associating objects with a Wall and Presentation Mode

Post by Al Navas »

Martin,

1) In Detail Room, select the countertop and Associate to Wall. Then (from the Help Manual), make sure the cabinet is NOT associated with the wall, or it will also be hidden: Start in the Custom Layout main workspace with one or more walls: Associations include cabinets and other items that have been associated with the wall.

- Right Click on the wall

- Select Hide Wall and Associations

2 ) You don't mention it, but have you rebooted yet? Sometimes memory is used up, and a reboot is the only way to get back to normal operation.

Al
http://sandal-woodsblog.com
Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

You asked how to associate the couter top? In detail room just double lft click on the top untill you get the hash marks then put you pointer over the wall that you want to associate to right click and choose associate to wall. hope this helps. Mark
Free Lance eCabinet Designers
ACD All Cabinet Design
www.acdallcabinetdesign.com
MartinSilber

Post by MartinSilber »

1) that was shamefully easy...thanks Mark!

2) Yup, cold restarted PC...same issue.

martin
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Martin
Would if you send me the file I will test it here to see if I get the window in my cabinets.