slope wall

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Brian Nichols

slope wall

Post by Brian Nichols »

I need to slope a wall ( dormer wall) . The wall is vertical 48" up from the floor than slopes in. I don't have the angle of the slope. Can I do this? Thanks Brian
Mark Fese

Re: slope wall

Post by Mark Fese »

I havent seen a way to do that as of yet, But I've ran across the same problem and what I did to create the wall was to create a display cube useing the same color that your walls are, make the cube the size of the slope taking it to the part editor to create the angle then placing it on the wall. While placing cabinets you can click on show hide and check the box for display items and the cube will be hidden untill your ready for your presentation. Hope this helps. Mark
Free Lance eCabinet Designers
ACD All Cabinet Design
www.acdallcabinetdesign.com
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Go to the wall editor
Create a wall
Double click the wall to go to edit wall mode
Select the left or right corner of the wall (a node should turn red here)
Change the left or right wall height to 48
You should have a sloped wall

Is this what you were after?
Brian Nichols

Post by Brian Nichols »

Thanks for the reply Walker, but thats not what I need to do. I'll try to explain better. If you were able to view a wall from a profile view, in other word from the side, the wall would slope or angle inward half way from floor to cieling, like you find in a room with a dormer window. Thanks
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

Hey Brian, here is an example of a closet I've done lately using the method I spoke of. hope the upload works and maybe helps you out,Mark.
Attachments
mg ridgedale closet3 rm 217 revised.esj
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 303 times
ACD All Cabinet Design
Mark Fese

Post by Mark Fese »

maybe e cabs should look at this and see if they can add this to the wall editor, that and the ability to create soffits where I've used the same method to create one. Mark
ACD All Cabinet Design
Glenn Warner
Company Name: Expressions in Wood

Post by Glenn Warner »

I think you want a sloped ceiling. If you have only one wall, create it at the height you want and then add the ceiling as a display cube associated to the wall and rotated to the desired slope. (no need for the part editor) If you have a U-shaped room, create it with the wall height set to 48" and then adjust the two outer corners upward to your desired slope. Then add a display cube for the ceiling and associate it with one of the side walls to make it easier to rotate into place.

HTH
Glenn