Enlarging mouldings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ron Shultz

Enlarging mouldings

Post by Ron Shultz »

Is there any way to enlarge or scale mouldings? eCabs says only user created objects can be scaled. I have seen images posted in Customer Images and have seen rope moulding bigger than anything I can find in Vendor Items or Moldings. Is that something one of you gurus made?

Ron Shultz
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Enlarging moldings

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Ron,

You can change the length of moldings but cannot scale them to be wider etc. The moldings are designed to represent an actual molding profile so they will display properly in presentations.
You might look at the Thermwood moldings to find some wider profiles or you can create a tool and make your own molding profiles. If you decide to create your own profiles you will have to place them on the cabinets manually. they won't work in the molding editor.

Kerry
Justin Melhiser

Re: Enlarging mouldings

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Ron
This might help you in what you are looking for. Click on load items icon and select a molding. Once you have your molding loaded, click on it and go to file export selection give it a name and save it. Go to the display part editor and laod the export file you just saved. Once you have it loaded click on the save button, create a directory name and part name. Go back to the cabinet editor and load items. Select display objects, the directory name and part name to load that file. Now with your part loaded back up select it and right click, go to scale object. Now you can scale this molding. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me.
Ron Shultz

Re: Enlarging mouldings

Post by Ron Shultz »

Thanks for the help. Worked like a charm!

Ron