Printing Labels from eCabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Printing Labels from eCabinets

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi all,
Is there a way to print labels from eCabinets without using a Dymo label printer? I know this can be done at the control with a dymo but I have a friend who cuts all his work on a dimension saw and he wants to be able to print all his labels out on a sheet printer. At the moment, he is printing it out on a A4 sheet, cutting the individual labels out and then sticking them to each individual part using masking tape (Sounds like a painful process to me!!) Because I have never needed to print directly from eCabinets I dont know how it is done. I will have a play and see what I can find out.
Any tips would be much appreciated :)

Also, with cutting each part on a dimension saw, is there an easy way to tell which way the label needs to go on each part for the edgebanding to show correctly?

Thanks,
Paul.
Lamar Horton

Re: Printing Labels from eCabinets

Post by Lamar Horton »

We use ecabs to print our labels and use file folder labels. Avery #8366. After the job is nested you can use the print label button to print your labels. We do very little edge banding so I can't help there.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks Lamar,
Is there a way in ecabs to set up the avery #8366? Or is this set up at the printer?
I see that the default is avery #5366
Thanks,
Paul
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Paul, I just noticed the 5366 when you mentioned it, I think I printed one page and took it to Office Depot and found a label that it fit, which happened to be the 8366. So I don't think you can change it.

I just did a quick search and the labels are the same size. 2/3" x 3 7/16". Either should work.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks heaps for that, I will see if I can get it to work. eCabs wont let me print it for some reason, keeps coming up with errors so ill have to fix that first.
Thank you once again!!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Paul,

The Avery 8366 and 5366 labels are the same label with different glues. I think the 8366 is supposed to peel off easier after you are done. I use the 5366 because I stick the labels on the edge of the board.

Kerry
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Kerry,
Thank you for the tip!

Paul.