Unrecognized database format

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lamar Horton

Unrecognized database format

Post by Lamar Horton »

What is this error message?

"Unrecognized database format 'C:\Program files"\Thermwood\Ecabinets System\Doors\Conastogaz\zigaba.twt"
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Unrecognized database format

Post by DanEpps »

The Conastogaz directory contains licensing files. If you have altered the contents of the directory in any way (this includes moving or copying) it will cause the license to no longer be recognized.

There used to be a license reset utility the eCabinets folks could send you but, since this is Saturday... :(

I'll search through the forum and see if I can find any referrence to it.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Well, I searched through the forum and couldn't find any references. Of course, my memory of seeing it could be faulty. :wink:
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Thanks Dan, I couldn't find anything either.

Since then I have gone from bad to worse. It all started when I tried to print my nesting sheets and it locked up. Upon restarting ecabs, I started getting this error. That's when I started thinking, me being a rocket scientist and all and that I knew what I was doing by moving stuff, deleting stuff, moving stuff back, restoring stuff. Well that only made things more better bad.

I uninstalled ecabs and tried to reinstall, now I get a message saying my version is expired call the calvary. So now I dead in the water till Monday I guess.

Probably for the better, my wife has informed me we are going out for dinner and maybe a movie tonight, leaving the children to forage for themselves.
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

All is almost well again. I removed build 5 and then reinstalled it . But know because I reinstalled the entire program I no longer have my libraries. When I did my reinstall, I renamed the thermwood folder so the reinstall would create a new directory. Is there any way I can migrate my old files into the new directory?
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

As long as you didn't delete your libraries you can just copy them to the new install location. Just don't copy the Conastogaz directory!!!
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Thanks again,

I was afraid to move stuff around again but that worked. I know have my libraries back. I am happy now. As far as that Conestogaz folder is concerned, I won't be going any where near it again!!!
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Lamar Horton wrote:Thanks again,

I was afraid to move stuff around again but that worked. I know have my libraries back. I am happy now. As far as that Conestogaz folder is concerned, I won't be going any where near it again!!!
Yeah...drop it like its hot! :joker:

Now that you have everything back in place and running, MAKE A BACKUP!!! If you're not already in the habit of doing regular backups in eCabinets (File - Backup My Files), this is a great time to start. That will give you a copy to restore in case something like this ever happens again.

You have probably already noticed that all of your materials and settings are gone too. The eCabinets backup will copy those files also. If you still have the original files from before you reinstalled, you can copy eCabinets.mdb and eCabinets.ini to the new installation directory and that will restore your materials and settings.

If you are unsure whether those files are the originals, check the size of eCabinets.mdb. If it is the copy with all of your materials in it, it will be larger than the one you just installed.