Printing Labels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Schmidt

Printing Labels

Post by Dave Schmidt »

I did a topic search on problems when printing labels and could not come up with a fix for a problem I am having. I print my labels after nesting however the actual printing on the label is not entirely there. I am using Avery #8366 labels. The first line of the label is a touch above the actual label's top edge. If I could register the print down a bit the problem would be resolved. Can I do this or is it programmed so I can't tamper with it. Also, is there a way to print a partial sheet of labels? There are jobs that I will only need 15 labels from a 30 label page. I have not had problems printing many other labels in the past.

Thanks to all in advance for your input.

Dave Schmidt
Justin Melhiser

Re: Printing Labels

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Dave
You might try checking to make sure that the labels are placed properly in the Label writer. If they are not in the proper position, it might only write on part of the label.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You might try turning the sheet end-for-end as some sheet labels have a slightly larger margin on one end.

You can also export the labels instead of printing. Just choose "Export the Report" in the dropdown on the label printing dialog. Using the exported file you can manipulate the labels in Word and print however you want.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I may have spoken too soon...you might not be able to export the labels to Word.

It depends on what version of cpre32.dll you have in C:\Program Files\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\doors\Conestogaz.

Right-click on it and select "Properties" then click the "Version" tab. If the version is 8.5.x.x you will not be able to export. If it is 10.5.x.x you can export.

Thermwood support: The Crystal Reports dll needs to be updated to reflect the version used to design the labels. I have Crystal Reports version 10 installed on my computer and copied cpre32.dll from the Crystal install directory to the Conastogaz directory and the export works.