angle 2.jpg (75.47 KiB) Viewed 6835 times
Damon Nabors
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Need an angled lower!

Post by Damon Nabors »

Brian Bauer wrote:Thanks Dan,
I got that one down now.
But is it possible to have say a 48" long cabinet with 32.5 degrees cut off one end from back to front,so when two cabinets are put together in a corner their face frames meet at a miter? I have a whole job of these, a whole kitchen anyways. Can it be done with offsets or do i need to spend a week in the part editor to get these done?

Thanks for the other Cab too it will help to see the settings:)

Is there any plans for an angled cabinet in the standard cabinets anytime soon? Not the corner cabinet but a linear cabinet withan angle in either or both ends,or is that what the corner cabinet is for?

Thanks Brian
This is a 48" cab with a 45deg angle on one end. This one is pretty easy with just part editor modifications.
Attachments
ang2.jpg
ang2.jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 6819 times
ang1.jpg
ang1.jpg (40.7 KiB) Viewed 6819 times
Damon Nabors
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

As far as I know, there have only been a few people requesting more features with angling cabinets. This is something that has been talked about; however it is not that high on the priority list. If you are wanting to help put your $.02 worth, remember that you have the FEEDBACK portion in your eCab software to submit a software recommendation. Using that method helps to keep track of how many people are requesting a certain features they would like to see added, fixed, or modified.

The angle cabinet that Damon drew in my opinion would be a better way of getting an outside angled cabinet, exp if you are wanting to make the front a certain angle. It might require a little more finessing in part editor to get what you are wanting, but I think it would be easier since you don't have to worry so much about getting the inset values "just right".

As far as getting your miters, you might have to rework your other cabinets that butt up against this one, or design just one like Damon did and have that saved in your library for future uses.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Getting the angle in the Part Editor is easy--just set angle snap to whatever degree you need and the line will snap to increments of that angle. :wink:
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Dan, I have found that the angle snap is not exact when machined. I cut two templates the other day to lay out some cabinets so the concrete people could score the floor prior to placing the cabinets. I cut two panels 24" x ? at a 22.5 deg angle on one end of each panel and it came out 46 degrees rather than a 45 degree. Not a problem on a short run, but will show up big time on a long run of cabinets.

I guess while we are talking about this, I am curious if anyone else has experienced this problem or maybe it's something I am doing.

Damon
Damon Nabors
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Hmmmmm...I haven't heard anything like that before Damon. Some of the machine owners should be able to give some insight as to why that might be happening.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Yea, I was kind of curious and thought I would ask since you brought it up. I normally type in the x and y values to make sure everything is a-ok.
Damon Nabors
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

You aren't imagining things. eCab will not do design on the 1/10th degree. When you try to design with a 22.5 degree angle snap, it is round it to the nearest whole number, 23. This is something that is pertinent in the Contour Mode of Part Editor, as well as Shape Manager. This can easily be overcome by designing the angle you want in AutoCAD or some other CAD system, and importing that as a DXF onto your part or into Shape manager as a tool (for designing tools that miter). When you do that way, it does indeed machine out as a 22.5 degree angle.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Thanks Dan V. for the info. I found out the hard way, but like they say, "Live and learn". Our area is doing a lot of stained concrete and they like to score around the cabs to make a design. I found out that my counter tops did not fit as planned. Had two 45's on an island. Made the templates to place the cabinets, got them installed and found out a couple days later that the tops did not fit correctly. But we got past it.

Have a great day!

Damon
Damon Nabors
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Damon yes that is what I was looking for except on an inside corner no doors,with face frame insets so the boxes do not touch should the angles be a bit off.
Guess some hardcore training is in order,Part editor is one area i try to avoid.

Thanks for the help and input guys.

Brian :beer:
Wood is wood , Particle Board is just dust !
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

PE is easy once you play around with it. I love it in combination with the router. I cut my outlet holes, pretrim my sink stretchers so the sink clears, holes for the dishwasher access to the sink cab, etc.

Also play around with constraint manager after you have made your Part Editor cuts to fine tune your project. Its a great program and you just need to devote some time every night to play around with it until you get more proficient at it. It seems difficult at first and then the Light bulb comes on upstairs. :idea:

surely the angles wouldn't be off, all the framers around here make sure everything is straight and plumb!!! :D
Damon Nabors
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Damon

I was a few months into the planning of this job when I was informed that the "theme" of this job was a stealth fighter crashed into the side of a hill.

The whole job has pretty much followed suit :roll:

But in the interest of making money,What the hell. Gotta have something to tell the future grandchildren.

Happy weekend to all.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Damon.

Brian
Wood is wood , Particle Board is just dust !