5.2 build 1

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steve Brothers

5.2 build 1

Post by Steve Brothers »

:) :) :P :) :P I love you Thermwood. You finally fixed the bug that has haunted me forever. Thanks for fixing the over run text in the nesting diagrams. Great new layout. Nice videos. What a first rate company. Who said "nothing is free"
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Re: 5.2 build 1

Post by Peter Walsh »

5.2 ........ OUTSTANDING!
Just starting a new small project and looking forward to exercising this new beast.
Custom Layout changes are excellent.
Many thanks from a "little" shop.
regards,
Derek Kruzner

Post by Derek Kruzner »

Everything is looks great.

I am having one small problem when trying to add adjustable shelves and partitions. In the construction settings I set the dado depth to 1/4", click ok, and I get an syntax error message. "Dimensions must be in 1/32" increments". I click "ok" twice to get rid of the message and when I try to add a shelf or partition, the program freezes.

Any Ideas?
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Derek Kruzner wrote:Everything is looks great.

I am having one small problem when trying to add adjustable shelves and partitions. In the construction settings I set the dado depth to 1/4", click ok, and I get an syntax error message. "Dimensions must be in 1/32" increments". I click "ok" twice to get rid of the message and when I try to add a shelf or partition, the program freezes.

Any Ideas?

I ran across this problem when opening a file sent to me by someone else. Check every dimension in every box on that pop-up menu (especially those that you haven't changed). For me it was the adjustable hole diameter that kept producing the error (although after I clicked to get rid of the error, I never encountered a freeze).

Also, make certain that you check the settings for both tabs in the pop-up window (shelf settings tab & partition settings tab) and click between fixed shelf & adjustable shelf. At the bottom of the pop-up menu is the fixed shelf construction parameters (if you're on the shelf tab) or the partition construction parameters (if you're on the partition tab). Check the parameters on both, and make certain that you're in compliance with that 1/32" rule.

HTH
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Derek Kruzner

Post by Derek Kruzner »

Thanks Mark...Is this something that happened to you recently with 5.2? Because this never happened to me in the other version. I'll go back and double check my parameters, but most everything is a 1/32 increment except for the hole diameter (5mm - .1969) and the dado clearance (1/100).
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

Derek Kruzner wrote:In the construction settings I set the dado depth to 1/4", click ok, and I get an syntax error message. "Dimensions must be in 1/32" increments".
I have gotten this error myself. What I found is that for some reason after an update, in the SETTINGS/PREFERENCES, my dimensions got set for metric. I was curious if yours was set the same as well.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Dan,
I noticed the same thing when I upgraded to 5.2. My settings got changed to metric.

regards,
Derek Kruzner

Post by Derek Kruzner »

I checked my settings and found that I am using fractions but would set my adj. hole dia. to 5mm and hit "ENTER" to change it to a fraction(1969/10000). That was the cause of the issue. If I keep the hole dia. to a fraction there is no conflict.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Wow, that's a weird look. I'll get use to it though.

I am having a problem with the Move in Wireframe mode. It works when you use the levers to move things but if you use the mouse it stays in full render mode. It wasn't this way in 5.1 or in any other version I used. Is it a bug or is this the way it is?

So far looks like a great job guys. I'll be interested to see how it works when I do my next full blow job.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

OK, sometimes it will change to wireframe but mostly not. If I hold th right mouse button down for a few second it will turn to wire frame. But them I can only move it left and right. If I try to change mouse buttons to spin or change size it goes back to normal render and will not go into wireframe mode.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Leo Graywacz wrote:...when I do my next full blow job.
Just how often do you do this Leo? :joker: (Of course I've never made a typo :wink: )
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

DanEpps wrote:
Leo Graywacz wrote:...when I do my next full blow job.
Just how often do you do this Leo? :joker: (Of course I've never made a typo :wink: )
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Wow. Hope I ge paid real good to do that :wall:
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

the typo reminds me of when I use to work for a company that supplied builders, all the jobs were refered to by the last name of the builder, so we had the Morris job, the Jackson job etc.....you can imagine the mirth created in the office and factory when we started getting work from a builder called Gary Blow.....
This message made from recycled electrons.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Leo Graywacz wrote: I'll be interested to see how it works when I do my next full blow job.

I hear the economy is slowing down and cabinet shops are looking for work, but I bet your marketing plan may work. :D
Damon Nabors
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

The Move in Wireframe is a "new" 5.2 feature. It did not exist in prior versions.

This new feature allows you to move a cabinet placed in the room and the Placement "snap" features, i.e., align to back, etc will reactivate so that you can snap the cabinet to a wall or cabinet.

Procedures:
1. Left-click on the cabinet to be moved.
2. Left-click on the Move in Wireframe icon.
a. The cabinet will revert to the Placement wireframe.
3. Drag the cabinet to the new location and install.