V5 - Build 1

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Schmidt

V5 - Build 1

Post by Dave Schmidt »

The improvements are appreciated in Version 5-Build 1. I have two issues that maybe someone can help me with. My present screen background is white, can I change this to a different color. Also, can the x-y coordinate lines be toggled on/off. Outside of building walls I don't use them. Thanks to all for the input.

Dave Schmidt :?: :?:
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: V5 - Build 1

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dave,

If it isn't already showing, Mouse to the left margin and a dialog box will pop out and use the pin at the top to tack it.
At the bottom of this box you will see screen shade. Click on Shade and enter a numeric value or use the slider that appears.

For the axis
Right click on your screen
Choose Grid Settings (or click on the grid setting icon at the top of your screen.)
Toggle Origin axis to off

Kerry
Dave Schmidt

Post by Dave Schmidt »

Thanks Kerry for the information. The lines I was referring to are connected to the pick box. Can I toggle these lines and the pick box off and just use the arrow to pick with.

Dave Schmidt
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dave,

I don't think you can do that but maybe someone else knows the secret.

Kerry
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Dave,

I don't think you can do that but maybe someone else knows the secret.

Kerry
Correct. These can not be toggled off. For the pick box size, all I can recommend is turning it into a really small size.

This pick box is for using OBJECT SNAP; When object snap is turned on, whatever is inside that pick box (say the end point of a wall), automatically gets selected without the mouse pointer having to touch that point. This can be very handy when drawing a room with single walls to ensure that new walls attach to previously drawn walls.