JPG photos

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Grady Pinckard

JPG photos

Post by Grady Pinckard »

I can only make a jpg photo in presentation view only. I am not able to make a photo in either custom layout area or cabinet design area. I have used this program since version "3" and have never had this problem before. Has something changed possibly that I am not aware of?
Thanks,
Grady :wall:
Grady Pinckard

Re: JPG photos

Post by Grady Pinckard »

I forgot to mention that I closed the program and restarted to no avail. Also I tried to screen capture with Infran-view and it doesn't work either.
Grady
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

What is happing when you try to take a jpg? Are you changing the pixel settings?
Grady Pinckard

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Walker'
I've tried it both ways. No difference. I will line up the shot, click the jpg button and the popup to name the file comes up. I name the file, click save, and everything seems fine at that point. But when I go to the folder to retrieve the picture the file name is there but no picture. File sizes are 10-13K.
Thanks,
Grady
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Grady, I just tried Infran and it works from the CE and Custom Layout. The single cabinet size was 28kb and the room was 26kb.
Grady Pinckard

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Thanks Rick,
I've tried everything that I can think of and nothing works. I am running Vista OS, and everything worked fine until the upgrade to 5-2-b1. May just have to live with it.
Grady
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

When you make the JPEG in presentation view, how big is the file?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Grady,

I'll bet it is just a Vista Issue. You will probably have to get in touch with tech support to see what they can do until Version 6 comes out.

Kerry
Grady Pinckard

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Kerry,
Now that I know that it only works in presentation view I can work around it until version 6.
Thanks for everyone's comments.
Grady
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

I know this may not be a permanent position but you could use WinSnap until v6 comes out. Try it see if that works for you.

Homepage and info
http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html

Download portable version
http://www.ntwind.com/download/WinSnap_ ... rtable.zip

I use the portable version and just love it.

Cheers
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Denis,

There is a screen capture utility in the eCabinets Image Control (Irfanview) that might work also.
Just open Irfanvview then click on options then Capture/Screen shot.
This allows you to use a key on the keyboard to capture screens and it stores each one in a directory you designate.

Kerry
Grady Pinckard

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Kerry,
I've tried this before and I can't seem to get it to work either. For one thing I've never used it and don't know how. Unfortunately with Vista OS, the help utility for Infranview doesn't work. I've tried cntrl f11and most of the other keys on the key board to capture the screen shot but none of them work. This is more than likely my fault. If someone could give me a short primmer on its use, it might help.
Thanks,
Grady
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Grady Pinckard wrote:Kerry,
I've tried this before and I can't seem to get it to work either. For one thing I've never used it and don't know how. Unfortunately with Vista OS, the help utility for Infranview doesn't work. I've tried cntrl f11and most of the other keys on the key board to capture the screen shot but none of them work. This is more than likely my fault. If someone could give me a short primmer on its use, it might help.
Thanks,
Grady
Why not just use the PRINT SCREEN key in the upper right of the keyboard. Then just open PAINT and PASTE to the page. Then you save as a jpeg to wherever you want.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Wally,

I thought Grady had posted that "Print Screen" didn't work either but in re-reading the thread he doesn't. That would definitely be the way to do it. th only advantage to the screen capture is that you don't have to open the other program and continually copy and paste.

Kerry
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Wally,

I thought Grady had posted that "Print Screen" didn't work either but in re-reading the thread he doesn't. That would definitely be the way to do it. th only advantage to the screen capture is that you don't have to open the other program and continually copy and paste.

Kerry
Actually I never thought about it but he can PASTE right to IRFANVIEW too and skip opening PAINT. Then he can crop and resize and save and enhance as he likes.