MDF Door Tool Options

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

leigh mills

MDF Door Tool Options

Post by leigh mills »

Hi Guys

I have created our doors as a back panel this is because I am unable to use a double panel door within the door creator. Anyway, looking at the nesting control manual I see that you have to select the tooling for the doors through the MDF Door Tool Options!

So If I am to set up my tools for exterior and interior within this options will it perform the cut on the door? Im not to sure if this is going to happen because I have created my doors using a back panel.

Can someone let me know please.

Thanks,

Leigh Mills
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: MDF Door Tool Options

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Leigh,

Yes it will. But please keep in mind, that it was designed to work with eCabinet Systems MDF doors which currently allow 2 profiles (interior & exterior). So, by you creating it via a back panel, it will use the Interior Custom tool for region #1 (the first profile cut path you created on the part) and the Exterior Custom tool for region #2 (the second profile cut path you created on the part). If you have any more profile cut paths on the part, those will default to and be modeled using the default tool group set in Profile Modeler.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
leigh mills

Re: MDF Door Tool Options

Post by leigh mills »

OK thanks Scott