taking a drawer box in part editor?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Darren Harvey

taking a drawer box in part editor?

Post by Darren Harvey »

does anyone know or is it possible to take parts of a drawer box into part editor? for example finger holes on the front of a drawer box. thanks, darren
Justin Melhiser

Re: taking a drawer box in part editor?

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Darren
You can NOT take any part of a drawer box to the part editor. The drawer boxes are not supported with the part editor.
Darren Harvey

Post by Darren Harvey »

thnks justin. darren
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

But it would sure be nice if you could!! :P :P Hopefully it is high priority in the software development...
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Yes this could be awsome. I don't use the drawer box because of that... If it was possible I could do my Metabox hole on it!
DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by DanFecteau »

We do a lot of dovetail drawers and use tandem slides, we have to knotch the back of the drawer box for the slides and it would be nice to be able to do it on the cnc we would save a lot of time.

Thank you.
Terry Davis
Company Name: Penn Laminates

Post by Terry Davis »

yes this is one of our biggest wishes, we do a lot of offices and having the CNC do the lock holes in the drawer faces would save a ton of time!
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Dan,
My standard residential cabinet also uses a 5/8 bb dovetail box and undermounts. We eliminated the notching by making the bottom removable by slippping in from the back.We assemble our drawer box, round over the tops and sand out. then finish before the drawer bottom is inserted,makes sanding a lot easier,and stops blowback during finish, then we insert the drawer bottom, square it off, hit it with a couple stapels, and if over 12" or so wide we will put a couple screws through the bottom into the back so we never have to worry the staples loosen up over the life of the box.Also was handy the other week when a lady called to tell me that she was not happy with the finish on a couple of her drawer bottoms(columbia forest products 1/2 prefinished plywood) seriously, said she could run her fingers over them and feel a imperfection. I am talking drawer bottoms here and this was the same lady who brought me home depot drawings and a quote for face frame cabs with 3/8 particle board sides :? :? :?
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com