Continued printing problems from line drawings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jason Gooch
Guru Member

Continued printing problems from line drawings

Post by Jason Gooch »

Can anyone help me here? Ever since I started working on eCabs (a while ago!) I've been unable to get a decent printed image from the line drawing editor. Basically, when I print either to the printer or to a pdf (I use PrimoPDF), lines randomly disappear from the drawing. Edges of cabinets, interiors of doors, whatever - it becomes illegible to a client. This happens in either a paper printout or a pdf - I try to send most images via email, so the pdf is more crucial.

I know all about the line enhancement control, and can't get any satisfaction there. If I set it at 1, more lines disappear, if I set it at 3 or above I see the interior of the cabinet, like an XRay through the exteriors.

I was using the JPG function also, but randomly I get the dialogue window appearing in the jpeg over the image of the LDE. Pointless.

This is an increasingly frustrating problem - I can't carry my desktop to a client's house to show them "no really, it looks cool!"

Please help. Thanks.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Applebox Cabinetry and Furniture
www.appleboxwood.com
Justin Melhiser

Re: Continued printing problems from line drawings

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Jason
Can you post or email your file you are loading and trying to print in the LDE? When I do it with one of my own it works fine, so I would like to test yours.
Jason Gooch
Guru Member

Post by Jason Gooch »

Hey Justin - well, I've tried a few times now to post a zipped version of my job, the webpage keeps timing out. I'll try emailing it to you directly. Although, I have the same problem with every job, just fyi. Thanks for your help - Jason.
Applebox Cabinetry and Furniture
www.appleboxwood.com
DarrelMWood

Post by DarrelMWood »

In regards to the JPG saving the dialog box when I save a jpg in Cabinet Editor or line drawing editor, I've had that problem as well. What I do is move the dialog boxes way over to the edge, so they are not covering any of the cabinet before I push Save. I move it all the way over so the save is right at the edge of the window. I then open the jpg in an image editor (I use Photoshop Elements) and crop it down to cut out the edge of the dialog box that shows in the jpg. I normally edit my jpgs anyway for color and lighting before I send or print to a client, so it's a minor work around for me. Hope this might help.

I usually set the line enhancement at 2...I've never had a problem with lines at that setting (I hope I'm not jinxing myself).
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Ok, now I am getting the problems in the line drawing editor. I just printed 5 different sets and got various results on each. Some printed through the doors and drawer fronts showing the shelves and drawers, some just shelves, some different door lines, and cabinet box parts.I also been fighting the save dialog showing when I print a picture, that has been going on a while, but has not always been a problem.

Any one else fighting this and come up with a solution?
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I had a similar problem the other day when I printed some optimizations in nesting. The problem wasn't there before the last update.