Issues with program running

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Pete Rafferty

Issues with program running

Post by Pete Rafferty »

Unfortunately I am running Vista Home Premium
ECab 5.1 V3

E cabs will no longer open something about a string.db(?)
I cant use the repair option and I cant delete it from remove programs.

Please help.
Thanks
Pete
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Issues with program running

Post by Joe Dusel »

You are trying to run V5.1 Build 3? You really need to update to the V5.2 Build 2. That's most likely your problem.

Joe
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Pete
You should go to ecabinetsystems.com and click on the updates tab. Make sure to follow the directions on the screen to download the latest update.
Pete Rafferty

Post by Pete Rafferty »

Justin

After doing the update I now get a pop up window that reads "Error Opening String Table.mdb" instaed of the old one that read " Failed To Open Empty Document"

Thanks
Pete
Justin Melhiser

Pete
Do you have a version 5.1 or V5.2 cd? You should put the cd back in and run a repair from it. Once you have the cd in the cd-rom, you will follow the steps like your going to install it. Then it will prompt you to modify repair or remove. Then you might have to run the update again. If you double click the update icon from you computer and it ask you to remove, do so and run that update one more time and it will install. If you have any trouble, please let me know.
Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Post by Dale Wills »

Pete,

I'm also running Vista and had very similar problems. I had nightmares trying to fix it. I know what your going through. In the end, after much stuffing around and error messages after error messages, I eventually used some program removal software to completely remove eCabs and started from scratch with a new install. Make sure you follow the vista install directions listed in the eCab main forum list. Since this new install I have not had a single problem running eCabs on Vista.

Hope this helps,
Dale
Pete Rafferty

Post by Pete Rafferty »

I have moved forward, but it still is stuck. Now it starts in DOS (black window opens) and thats it ... its waiting for a command.

I tried deleting and left the house for a few hours while it was hanging up and when I returned it was closed so I assumed it deleted. I tried a few things another member suggested (thanks Todd) and it is now in the DOS window.

Dale you wouldnt happen to know what the removal tool was?

Thanks
Pete
Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Post by Dale Wills »

I tried a couple of them. Try 'Uninstall Plus' or 'revo uninstall' or 'perfect uninstaller'. Hopefully they remove all traces of the eCabs. Then I found I could successfully reinstall. Make sure you follow the 'vista install' steps. When I was trying to uninstall eCabs it was taking over an hour. I didn't have the DOS problem you speak of.

Dale
Justin Melhiser

Pete
If you would like to call me, I can try and work with you to get the software uninstalled and reinstalled. I have never seen it open a dos command and jsut sit there when trying to open it.
Pete Rafferty

Post by Pete Rafferty »

Thank You to everyone for their help.
I am up and running and updated!!
Thanks Again. :beer:
Pete