creating walls

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

gaynelle crofts

creating walls

Post by gaynelle crofts »

I am wondering if anyone can help me fix a couple of issues.
#1 I am creating 3 walls and can't seem to get them to the default textures I want. I can't even get a floor to show up. I have done it many times, but for some reason this one project is hanging me up.
#2 In custom layout while inserting items....cabinets or display cubes, windows or doors, I can't seem to move things up and down on a wall. I can go left to right or back to front, but not up or down. this happens in all views except "edit wall view" and when I get there the cabinet is on the oposite wall where I can't see it!!
I am not very slick with the program to begin with now I have to get used to the new version :roll:
Thanks for your help.
Gaynelle
Karin Sasse

Re: creating walls

Post by Karin Sasse »

Hi

I think you got your walls build to the outside, reverse build direction will fix it. right click, wall options reverse build direction.

Fred
gaynelle crofts

I tried that and it didn't work. It will change color but not to my default color.
One thing to note is it does show up the correct color in rendering mode, but when I save it to send it to the customer it turns back to the dark grey. And my cabinet is even blue.
Does this shed any light???
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gaynelle,

That is just new features in version 5.2.

The only time you will see the default texture for the walls and floor are when you Render the view.

You can render the view then right click and choose Texture Options/ wall/Floor then Set All Walls to default.

You can then use the Save Image icon to save an image to send to your customer or you can create a presentation view.

If you exit the rendered view you will then be back at custom layout and the walls etc. will be the colors you select in Custom Layout Parameters. You will have no floor in this view.

Kerry
gaynelle crofts

Kerry,
I am certain this is just something simple I am not grasping... a setting I inadvertenly changed or something.
I don't have a floor in this rendering either. I just added another cabinet and now the cabinet is the same grey as the walls.
Will looking at it tell you....or me more??? I think I attached it.
Thanks so much for taking the time to bail me out.
Attachments
dorothyav.esj
(704.02 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Gaynelle,

I reversed the wall direction and added the default texture to the wall but this job has some problems that the eCabinets guys need to look at.
I get several can't find jpeg errors as well as no 3D view available and errors about door profiles.

I can't find the floor either.

You might bring this to Justin's attention and let him look at it. It has some problem.

The only suggestion I have right now is to turn this job over to eCabinets and start from scratch.

Kerry
gaynelle crofts

Well, I guess I'm glad it wasn't just me being dense.....Thanks again for your help. I will try to contact Justin.
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Gaynelle
I have your file and I will look in to this today. I will let you know if I need anything else or if I find something out.
Justin Melhiser

Gaynelle
If you click on the render button in custom layout, then right click on a wall, you can change the texture there. It worked for me. Once I right clicked on the wall I went to texture options> wall/floor> change texture. I selected the texture I wanted to use then held the ctrl key down and clicked on a wall. The texture of the wall will now change to what you selected. It showed up in the render as well. If you have any problems please let me know.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Justin,

There is no floor in her drawing.
Also take the cabinets one at a time into the cabinet editor, go to construction settings to re-generate the cabinets and see what happens. I got some errors.

Kerry
Justin Melhiser

Kerry
I do not get any errors when I do this, everything seems to work fine.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Justin,

When I open the job I get this error several times

When I take the right hand cabinet to the cab editor and go to construction settings I get this message several times and the doors disappear as I click OK on them .

And when I take the left cabinet to the cab editor and go to construction settings and let the cabinet re-generate I get the message below and the moldings disappear.

All of this along with the fact the room has no floor led me to believe there might be something wrong with the job.

Kerry
Justin Melhiser

Gaynelle
We noticed that walls with this thickness need to be at least 19.5" long for the floor texture to show up. This has been listed with the programmers. Where are you needing the floors to be? The space where the texture is not showing up or do you need flooring in the front of the walls with the firplace.

Kerry
I do not get any messages like that when I took each cabinet back to the cabinet editor. Does this happen every time? If you shut down ecabinets and open it back up would it do the same thing?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Justin,

Yes it does it every time. I tried after re-starting eCabinets and it does the same thing and I even shut down the computer and re-started everything and it still gives the same errors etc.

I just tried it two other computers and they don't show the errors so it must be something in my one computer.

I just copied and pasted the file to the other two computers so I don't know what is causing the problem.

Kerry