confirming RTA fittings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Joe Murphy

confirming RTA fittings

Post by Joe Murphy »

I believe that I have constructed a cabinet with RTA fittings in the part editor. However they are not visible on screen,even when I explode the cabinet.

Are they supposed to be visible in the 3D model?
If not how can you confirm that the construction method is corectly formated in the program?

Thanks,

Joe
Joseph Murphy
President
Highland Woodworking
Nelsonville, NY
Justin Melhiser

Re: confirming RTA fittings

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Joe
Any pockets or part editor cuts made to a part should show up in the main cabinet editor. Are you sure that once you had them drawn up that you either cut pocket using closed contour or cut pocket using geometric shape? This should prompt you for a certain depth to be cut to.
Joe Murphy

Post by Joe Murphy »

Justin,
No all I did was select the RTA fittings in the construction parameters for each respective part.

They are a standard Haffele item in the menu so I thought Ecabs would know how to put them in.
Joseph Murphy
President
Highland Woodworking
Nelsonville, NY
Justin Melhiser

Joe
Sorry. If you want the whole cabinet to be kd/rta then open construction settings and go to global setting select cabinet part construction. Change this to kd/rta and the whole cabinet should change to the kd/rta. If they do not please contact me at the number listed below.
Joe Murphy

Post by Joe Murphy »

Thanks Justin,
That was the trick!

I had the parameter changed for each part but not globally.

However, how would it work if you had a mixed cabinet construction.

Say RTA fittings only on one finished end?

Thanks Again,
Joe :D
Joseph Murphy
President
Highland Woodworking
Nelsonville, NY
Justin Melhiser

Joe
What you would do then is after you have the global settings set to kd/rta, then go in to construction settings and change the left on the top deck and back to blind dado. Click ok. Once the changes are made and your back to the main cabinet editor explode the cabinet and look at the left end.
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

If you want to make your hole patterns more visible, In the MAIN cabinet area, right click, go to VISIBILITY and then near the bottom, select SHOW HOLE PATTERNS. (It will put a check next to the SHOW HOLE PATTERNS to turn it on.) This will make them stand out better with a solid blue color, but they do not explode with the cabinet.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

You also want to open the part's associated hole file in the Hardware Hole Editor. Many of the hole patterns are not exactly correct, so you should verify the pattern with the vendor information before having something milled on a CNC.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)