Problems with Move Increment in Custom Layout

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jesse L Layman

Problems with Move Increment in Custom Layout

Post by Jesse L Layman »

Has anyone experienced problems with the Move Increment command in Custom Layout? The upper cabinet (which is an assembly) that I placed is partly within the base cabinet beneath it so I want to raise it. I tried to do this with Move Increment, but it will only let me move the cabinet down, instead of up. What's going on?
Jesse
ScotAcree
Company Name: Scot Acree Woodworkig LLC

Re: Problems with Move Increment in Custom Layout

Post by ScotAcree »

Jesse,

Make sure in Place mode you have clicked on Free Style.Also,make the distance you want to move in the Objects box.

Scot
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Jesse
You can email me this job or post it for me to look at.
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

You can also try going into the WALL ELEVATION VIEW, selecting the cabinet or object, and using the POSITION ON WALL (located at the top of the action bar on the left).* This allows you to set the distance of that object selected from the edges of the wall. If you need it to be directly on the floor, set the BOTTOM distance to 0, than make sure you hit enter so the change is accepted. If you need it 36" off of the floor, set the BOTTOM distance to 36, than press enter.

This value is measured from the appropriate edge to the edge of the wall. The LEFT distance is from the left edge of the object to the left edge of the wall.

*NOTE: This works only if objects are associated to the wall.

Hope this helps.