Error profiling edge on countertops

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Paul K Waite

Error profiling edge on countertops

Post by Paul K Waite »

When I take a countertop to the part editor and change its shape (such as a radius on an outside corner) in the contour mode, then try to profile the edge I get this error message:

Internal algorithmic failure in performing this operation

What am I doing wrong this time?

Paul
Paul K. Waite
3306 Amberley Park Circle
Kissimmee, FL 34743
Cell: 407-733-8018
Todd Miller

Re: Error profiling edge on countertops

Post by Todd Miller »

Paul K Waite wrote:When I take a countertop to the part editor and change its shape (such as a radius on an outside corner) in the contour mode, then try to profile the edge I get this error message:

Internal algorithmic failure in performing this operation

What am I doing wrong this time?

Paul
Paul,
Sometimes you may run into problems when the countour you are wanting to project the tool along has sharp corners. Try applying a radius to those corners, then run project the round over along the contour. If you would like to post the job here I can take a look at it for you.

I will need.....
Job with the PE cuts for the counter top. (esj file with the shape of the counter top, but no profiled edge.)
.tol file
.x_t file
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Todd

He IS applying a radius to the corners...
When I take a countertop to the part editor and change its shape (such as a radius on an outside corner)
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Dan,
Thanks!

Paul,
I will need to look at the scenerio. So please post your files.
Paul K Waite

Post by Paul K Waite »

This error occured this weekend while using eCabinets on my laptop at home. When I got to work today I tried it on the computer here and there was no issue. I did a test on both machines: create a rectangular room, place three standard base cabinets, create a countertop with a 1" overhang on the front and right side, take the countertop to the part editor, cut a radius on the corner, and THEN tried profiling the edge with an Amana roundover bit. On the laptop I get the error message, on the desktop all is as it should be.

Sounds machine specific: graphics card issue, perhaps??

Paul
Paul K. Waite
Kissimmee, FL 34743
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Paul K Waite wrote:This error occured this weekend while using eCabinets on my laptop at home. When I got to work today I tried it on the computer here and there was no issue. I did a test on both machines: create a rectangular room, place three standard base cabinets, create a countertop with a 1" overhang on the front and right side, take the countertop to the part editor, cut a radius on the corner, and THEN tried profiling the edge with an Amana roundover bit. On the laptop I get the error message, on the desktop all is as it should be.

Sounds machine specific: graphics card issue, perhaps??

Paul
Paul,
Perhaps. Do your computer specs meet the minimum requirements for the software? See Link below for system requirements.

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecab_new ... system.htm

But if you would like us to look into it further, we would need to try and reproduce it here. But we will need the files listed above.
Paul K Waite

Post by Paul K Waite »

OK, I am happily confused now. I retried the whole process on both computers and both worked flawlessly. Can't explain it, but I am pleased that it works.

Incidentally, neither computer meets the minimum requirements but necessity drives me onward and both get the job done. The desktop at work is most frustrating as screen redraws are like slideshows when rotating a cabinet (particulary more complex ones)! Thankfully, we are on the verge of replacing it. Better days are ahead!!
Paul K. Waite
Kissimmee, FL 34743