offset hardware holes?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

dan fentie

offset hardware holes?

Post by dan fentie »

I was wondering if there is a way I can offset my hardware holes. I have a face frame cabinet and the gable has a 1/4" offset to the inside so I can run a 1/4" bead mold and it will be flush to the gable. The only problem with that is my hardware holes work off the face frame and are actually inside the gable. Is there a way I can fix this?
Todd Miller

Re: offset hardware holes?

Post by Todd Miller »

dan fentie wrote:I was wondering if there is a way I can offset my hardware holes. I have a face frame cabinet and the gable has a 1/4" offset to the inside so I can run a 1/4" bead mold and it will be flush to the gable. The only problem with that is my hardware holes work off the face frame and are actually inside the gable. Is there a way I can fix this?
Dan,

Go into the Hardware Hole editor and "open" the hole pattern you would like to modify.
Select the holes you would like to edit by double clicking on them.
Right-click and goto "edit move increment", and enter the increment you would like to move, and select ok.
to move the holes use the cursor keys while holding down the "shift" button.
Once the holes are where you want them, save the hole pattern as a different name. You will need to associate this new hole pattern to the doors
HTH
dan fentie

Post by dan fentie »

The problem is not the location of the holes it is the depth. My gable is 1/4" over the inside of my face frame when looking at the front of the cabinet. The holes work off the face frame not the gable. What is happening is my holes are appearing on the outside of the part but not the inside. Is there any way I can offset the hole patterns 1/4" away from the face frame?
Thanks for the reply!
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Dan,

You can change the depth of the hole by doing what Todd told you but instead of moving the hole you highlight them and then change the depth over in the left tool bar. You then need to save as Todd suggested and apply the new pattern to you default hinge. I copied Todd's post and corrected for what you are wanting.

Go into the Hardware Hole editor and "open" the hole pattern you would like to modify.
Select the holes you would like to edit by double clicking on them.
Look at the tool bar on the left and find the pattern depth area. Change the negative depth to what you need.
Once the holes are where you want them, save the hole pattern as a different name. You will need to associate this new hole pattern to the doors
Last edited by Daniel Vonderheide on Wed, Sep 03 2008, 11:06AM, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Dan,
To make the holes deeper or shallower, you must select the hole(s) then edit the "pattern depth" in the left panel. Note: Only the selected holes will be changed. Minus values will work outward and plus values will work inward.

To be able to see the change, select the Eyeball icon (upper left panel), then use the shift+left mouse button rotate feature. You should be able to rotate the pattern around to see the changes.

HTH
dan fentie

Post by dan fentie »

Thanks alot, totally forgot about + value in hole editor!