Corner Sink Bases

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Corner Sink Bases

Post by Terry Hall »

I’m in the process of working on a bid that will include a corner sink base. I haven’t (and hoped I wouldn’t) run into one, but now’s the time. I’ve got windows in the corners so no uppers and I know some like inset bases, and some prefer other ways with extended stiles. I’d like to garner ideas and methods and pics would be very helpful. I’m not certain how to draw a corner base in ecabinets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Corner Sink Bases

Post by Gary Puckett »

Terry,

Go to the cabinet editor and choose standard cabinets, then pick std. corner base framed or framless.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Terry Hall wrote:I’m in the process of working on a bid that will include a corner sink base. I haven’t (and hoped I wouldn’t) run into one, but now’s the time. I’ve got windows in the corners so no uppers and I know some like inset bases, and some prefer other ways with extended stiles. I’d like to garner ideas and methods and pics would be very helpful. I’m not certain how to draw a corner base in ecabinets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A lot depends on the style of sink that you are building for. There must be room to install the sink. What style are they wanting?
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Here is a corner cab I did not long ago. The sink is not shown but it sits in the angled portion next to the dishwasher.
Attachments
Kitchen1a.jpg
Kitchen1a.jpg (50.14 KiB) Viewed 8623 times
Sink base.jpg
Sink base.jpg (47.99 KiB) Viewed 8624 times
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Right Wally. Right now they have a smaller sink that looks like it will fit in a 30" cabinet. Yes Lamar, I drew one pretty similar to what you have, but in order to get a full-size sink in it, it looks like it needs to have at least approx 41" backs, is that right? Would you mind sharing your dimensions, door size, sides, backs. I do all framed using 2" rails/stiles. Have you ever done an inset, they look kind of neat and allows good access to clean the windows etc. Thanks.
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Here are a couple kitchen designs I have done with corner sinks. We will be building the one with the fluted posts on it in a month or so. The one with the inset sink, the customers change the layout completely, so there is no corner sink in it.
Attachments
Cline 13 2.jpg
Cline 13 2.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
Lindstrom 3 2.jpg
Lindstrom 3 2.jpg (69.14 KiB) Viewed 8539 times
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

Here is the cabinet. A 32 in sink fit in the cabinet. We did have to trim the walls near the face frame but we did not get into the adjacent cabinets, although it looked like we were going to because the flange on the sink was much wider in the corner. Let me know if this was the information you were looking for and if I made myself clear. If I didn't make myself clear I can really muddy up the waters. :joker:
Attachments
Angle Wall Framed.hsf
(332.02 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks a lot Lamar, that's close to what I had, but I wasn't quite large enough and wasn't certain about sink size with it. You helped answer my questions. Gene I like the look of yours too, would you mind sharing some specs from your experiences with the insets. What do you like/dislike about them too as opposed to a regular corner base. Thanks.
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Terry,

The corner sinks I have done cover 44" of the wall out of each corner. I believe the inset is 5". I have built 2 of the inset corners, but it has been a while. I have attatched the corner sink in the design picture I posted. It has the raised back attatched to it and is an assembly.

I like the looks of the inset sink, but I hate to put the sink or any appliance in the corner because it takes up so much space. With the inset, it is a lot less reach back to the corner compared to a non-inset.
Attachments
Lindstrom Corner Sink.esa
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 321 times
Lindstrom Corner Sink.jpg
Lindstrom Corner Sink.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 8538 times
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thank you Gene. I couldn't get your download to open, but I see it's an esa, rather than an hsf file. Do I need to convert it somehow? Thanks again.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

It is an assembly so you have to put it in the assemblies folder.