ecab problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

ecab problem

Post by Dale Wills »

Hi all,

Anyone ever seen an error message like this?

Dale
Attachments
ecab prob.JPG
ecab prob.JPG (37.12 KiB) Viewed 9865 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: ecab problem

Post by DanEpps »

Nope.

Do you get it consistantly on the same cabinet or is it just random?
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

Dan,

It happens before I even open up a cabinet. Once I select yes to the option given and open up a cabinet, I appear to have no problems. But if I close a cabinet and hit the back button in the 'place items' dialog the error messages pops up again.

Dale
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Looking at my installation, "currentCab1.htm" is used to display the selection dialog where you choose which cabinet library to use.
Select Library.jpg
Select Library.jpg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 9770 times
Zip up the file (currentCab1.htm) and post it and I will take a look at it to see what is going on with it.
Derek Krzanowski
Company Name: Self Employed

Post by Derek Krzanowski »

As a full time web developer/database programmer and part time custom cabinet maker, I see this error all the time. It is caused by invalid script in the html page used to present something you are looking at. Internet Explorer can get very overly picky and loves to throw errors like this when not needed. If you click yes and everything works then this is most likely one of those errors. You should check your internet explorer settings to see if somehow your option for "Display a notification about every script error" got turned on. This option is not turned on by default and is absolutely not needed. To find out, open Internet Explorer and go to Tools->Internet Options then go to the advanced tab and make sure that option is unchecked. If this is not the problem, I wouldn't be to worried about it, it is definitely not a big deal aside from being very annoying. I am attaching an image of the dialog box. Hope this helps!
Attachments
ie.jpg
ie.jpg (47.49 KiB) Viewed 9649 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

You are correct in your assessment of the cause Derek, but it is part of eCabinets and should not have an error in the HTML.

In fact, this is a dynamically generated page (you can delete the original and it will be recreated when you open the "Select Item" dialog again) so it definitely should not be throwing an error.
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Dale
Which cabinet did you have open to start with? I want to try and recreate this message. If you used one of your own cabinets please email me the cabinet and I will try to recreate it here.
Derek Krzanowski
Company Name: Self Employed

Post by Derek Krzanowski »

I completely agree with you Dan but one thing I have found with internet explorer is that a perfectly written piece of script can break due to unknown factors such as a BHO (browser helper object) that blocks or redirects certain functionality. In fact, many viruses work in this way and cause very strange side affects such as this. That said, there could very possibly be a piece of script that is actually broken and causing this error. I guess my point I was trying to make (but wasn't to clear about) is that though the problem warrants looking in to, it may not be an eCabs problem but instead an Internet Explorer problem. On my old machine, which I did a ton of Internet Explorer toolbar development on, I used to get these errors in eCabs all the time. I have no doubt in my mind it had nothing to do with eCabs. Since moving to my new machine, the errors have now disappeared.
Dale Wills

Post by Dale Wills »

This error messages comes up when I navigate throught the place items dialog (hitting back and forth buttom). Comes up everytime. I hit yes and keeps going. So I don't think it relates back to a problem cabinet or anything. It also happens at the 'What would you like to do?' screen.

Dale
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Dale

Try renaming 'currentCab1.htm' (with eCabinets closed) then starting eCabinets. This will recreate the file.

If you still get the error after that, zip up and post 'currentCab1.htm' and I can see exactly what the error is and what is causing it.
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

I would like to see this htm file also. Please email it to program@thermwood.com
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

I recieved your email and with a little help from Dean was able to determine the cause. You have a directory called "Mark's Joinery" causing the problem. Remove the apostrophe and that should take care of the issue with the load item screen. I'm not sure what's happening at the start up screen though. still working on that one.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Daniel Vonderheide wrote:I recieved your email and with a little help from Dean was able to determine the cause...
Did Dean tell you where he got the idea to look for screwy directory names? :lol: :lol: :lol: