Countertop anomaly? Messing up my renderings now...

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Derek Krzanowski
Company Name: Self Employed

Countertop anomaly? Messing up my renderings now...

Post by Derek Krzanowski »

I noticed an anomaly whenever I would go to elevation/wall view for one of my walls and try to place a cabinet. It would not show until I would choose install item and only about 70% of the time. When it would show though, it would take about an extra 20 seconds to get into place item mode. Anyway, aside from a ton of frustration, it wasn't to much of a problem until recently. A couple times when I would show my countertops in overhead view, it would show this very weird anomaly, but I could always get it to go away by restarting ecabs. Now I can't get it to go away no matter what. I've even opened the project on my old winxp system and it has the exact same anomaly. Any ideas? I am attaching pics so you can see what I'm talking about. As always, any help is greatly appreciated!
Attachments
anomolie2.jpg
anomolie2.jpg (34.16 KiB) Viewed 7224 times
anomolie1.jpg
anomolie1.jpg (30.3 KiB) Viewed 7224 times
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Countertop anomaly? Messing up my renderings now...

Post by Gary Puckett »

Dereck,

Try deleting the top for the island then render an overhead look and see if it show up.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Can you post the job file so somebody can try it.
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Derek
Was this created in Vista or XP? I would like for you to email me the cabinet or post it here. Make sure you tell me the steps you took. Example: load job, click on render icon then click presentation view. I need to be able to follow your steps to get the same thing.
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Derek,

I have had this happen 4 or 5 times. For me, it happened when I take a cabinet from custom layout to the cabinet editor to edit it. When I return it, part of the cabinet shows as part of a countertop as your picture shows. It has also happened when I resize a cabinet in custom layout. Whatever parts on the cabinet show as a part of the countertop will be missing from the cabinet. I did find a way to get rid of the odd part but I can't remember what I did now. I either took the counter that the part is attatched to to the part editor and returned without making changes, or edited the counter in the countertop editor and returned it to the layout. I'll see if I have a job saved with this problem, and reply back with the fix I found.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Derek Krzanowski

The job was originally created on a WinXP (x32) machine. I started getting the problem while editing on my Vista (x64) machine so I loaded the job on the same XP (x32) machine the job was created on and the anomaly was still there. I know that ecabs is not supported on Vista or x64 so if you believe that is the problem then that is your opinion, but I don't believe that is the problem hence my post here. I have not tried anything like deleting and re-creating things because I wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple fix first. I am going to try to attach the job file now... To see the anomaly, open the "show/hide" dialog and uncheck counter tops OR go to render mode. The anomaly will show in render view as well as presentation view. Thanks for all the responses!
Attachments
me.esj
(4.4 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Dereck,

I just deleted the island top and then created a new one I did this 3 times and all times the anomaly was gone.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Derek,

I downloaded your job, and if you go to the counter top editor, highlight that countertop, click edit countertop, then click OK, the extra part dissappears.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Derek Krzanowski

Thanks for all the help! It looks like the edit trick from Gene was the simplest and so far I've had no problems since!