Counter Tops?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Counter Tops?

Post by John J. Desmond »

I have a question about tops. How do we do tops in eCabs so that they will show on the cut sheet. Do you have to use display boards and set them aside somewhere? I know that for presentation view you can construct them but that does not put them on the cutsheet. So, what am I missing? :oops:
leigh mills

Re: Counter Tops?

Post by leigh mills »

What I do which may be a long way around the issue for yourselve but here you. Fisrtly I dont want the material to be machined but I want it on the cut list, for this I set the material with a length and width of 1mm this will then display an error so it wont be machined, if you try this out first it may be pretty handy.

As far as getting the work top on the cutlist, I firstly create the top in the counter top editor then return to the room layout. When you have done this and you are happy with the top, select the top and take it into part editor, then enter the contour mode and right click to create edges. Select the save button and save the geometry in a desired location. When you have finished return to the room layout.

You can now delete the counter top, I then save the room and go into the cabinet editor, you can do this in the room layout though.

Open a display panel and set at the correct size, you will also have to pick the material you newly entered with the width and length set at 1mm.

Then take into the part editor contour mode and load your geometry, make the cuts as appropiate and then save.

This is then ready to be used in the room layout.

Hope this helps.

Leigh
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Re: Counter Tops?

Post by John J. Desmond »

Leigh,

Thanks so much. I will try this.

John Desmond