Please help?!?!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jason Fabretti

Please help?!?!

Post by Jason Fabretti »

How do I get it to just show the drawer box sizes in cut list WITHOUT all the part sizes of the drawer box on the cut sheet? I outsorce my boxes and dont need all those extra part sizes to get confused with. Please help! Thanks
Vince Lisanti

Re: Please help?!?!

Post by Vince Lisanti »

Jason,

In the cutlist, if you scroll downnear the bottom it lists the Drawer Boxes without all the parts broken down.

Just highlight what you need , "Print Preview", Choose "As Selected on Screen "and Print at whatever zoom % you want . Works great.

Hope this helps.

Vince

CCS
Dell Precision M4800
Intel(r) core(tm) i7-4800mq cpu @ 2.70ghz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K 2100M
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
Jason Fabretti

Post by Jason Fabretti »

O.K. Thats great But can I select more than one section? As soon as I try to highlight two separate sections it clears the first section? Any way around that?Thanks again for such a fast responce!
Jason Fabretti

Post by Jason Fabretti »

Anyone??
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Vince,
After you generate the cutlist, click on the "Export cutlist to excel". Then when the cutlist opens up in Excel, look to the bottom of the page. You should se a tab that says "cut list summary". Use the skip buttons to the left of that to scroll through the tabs until you find th "Drawer box listing" tab. Click the tab. The excel sheet should update and have just the overall dimension for the drawers on the cutlist. HTH
Jason Fabretti

Post by Jason Fabretti »

Man I feel dumb, I just keep having problems! When I open in excel it just shows the top portion of cut list? Where it just has cabinet size and description? Nothing else. No parts. Please help a dummy like me! :wall:
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Look to the bottom of the page.

You should see a tab that says "cut list summary".
Use the skip buttons to the left of the "cut list summary" button to scroll through the tabs until you find the "Drawer box listing" tab.
Click the tab.
The excel sheet should update and have just the overall dimension for the drawers on the cutlist.
Attachments
DBX.JPG
DBX.JPG (33.41 KiB) Viewed 7330 times
Jason Fabretti

Post by Jason Fabretti »

There are no tabs at the bottom?
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Gary,
The bottom of the Excel spreadsheet may be out of view.

Be sure to maximize Excel. Then maximize the spreadsheet within Excel. Then look to the bottom of the spreadsheet . To "maximize" look to the upper right-hand corner of the program that is open. You should see an underscore, a box, then an "X". select the box to maximize the program.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

In ecabs, when you "export to cutlist", and you are asked to open, save, or cancel. Select open. Then you should see the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. If you are still having trouble after trying these steps, give me a call.

1-800-221-3865 x330
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: Please help?!?! (non-nesting drawer box parts)

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Another way that I know that will automatically exclude parts from being nested but will still give you part sizes in the cut-lists is as follows:

Define a material with all the required characteristics as you require: thickness, color, etc but make the sheet size 1" x 1". Assign this material to your drawer box components. (** You could then have versions of the same material in a nest-able and non-nest-able version. Just -NN or something to the end of the Non-Nesting version).

This way, when the job is sent out to the Thermwood control, you don’t even have to filter them - Control Nesting just warns that it cannot nest the parts assigned to the 1" x 1" sheet - you click okay and the rest of the process continues. AND the part dimensions still show up in the cut-lists, etc...

I am not sure how this works with the Optimization maps inside of eCabinets... it might work similarly.
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Jason Fabretti

Post by Jason Fabretti »

Thanks to all, I think I have all I need!!!!