Here Comes Win 7

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kirt F. Bowman

Here Comes Win 7

Post by Kirt F. Bowman »

It looks like the gold copy will be released next Aug maybe later that will put Ecabs 2 generations behind with the possiblity of not being able to downgrade to xp at all. Haven't been on the forum lately but when is the offical Vista ecab going to be realised, the techs should have MS win7 developer package now with goal of making ecabs vista compliant by January. I know it is hard to keep to MS schedule but this could have been avoided by going with a linux based package that would stop that maddness once and foe all. What say you forum members.

Kirt
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Here Comes Win 7

Post by DanEpps »

On the surface, Linux may seem like a good choice. The truth, however, is that software is developed for various operating systems based on the market share of the operating system.

I cut my teeth writing software for Unix-based systems (which Linux is) and would use no other operating system for 25 years. Economic reality finally took hold, however, and I moved to Windows, kicking ang screaming all the way.

In November, 2008, Linux held a 0.83% share of the computer operating system market (excluding mainframe operating systems) while Windows commanded 89.62% of the market (see graphs from Marketshare by Net Application website below).

Why would someone develop applications targeting only 0.83% of the operating system market when they can target 89.62%?
OS Market Share.jpg
OS Market Share.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operati ... px?qprid=8
OS Market Share Trend.jpg
OS Market Share Trend.jpg (88.01 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-mark ... px?qprid=9
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Here Comes Win 7

Post by Gary Puckett »

I am running Vista 64 and so far ( knock on wood ) I only have a few things that I have to deal with 1- J peg doesn't want to work unless I render the drawing and 2- some items to choose from like in the partition and shelf area over lap each other.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT