Cut list

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary Urlacher

Cut list

Post by Gary Urlacher »

I do not use the cut list as such. It looks to me that the report for a price list is a simple HTML file.
Is this the case and if so, is the cut list the same or similar? I would like to modify a cut list to only show
door related items in a format I can use as a door order list.

Can you point me to the location of the cut list or something I can modify via data base, crystal or HTML?

Thanks in advance,

Gary
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Cut list

Post by Damon Nabors »

Gary,

If I understand you correctly, You do not want to make your doors, you want to order them and need a print out with the correct size of the doors. If so, when selecting your doors, mark them to be "Purchased Unfinished".

Now after you have all your doors in the room, go to the "Buy List" and you should have a print out of the doors and sizes.
Damon Nabors
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Another way is to bring your cabinet in the cabinet editor put your mouse arrow on the door and it will tell you the size of the door write it down with the quanity and order your doors from your supplier

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Gary Urlacher

Post by Gary Urlacher »

Thanks for the notes guys. I am wanting to creat my own door list showing only information needed by my suppiers.
The doors do show up on the buy list but not in a very helpful format. There is information on that form that I would delete if I knew
the location of that report and how it is generated.

Now I create an excel sheet for the doors but it is time consuming and open for errors. If I can modify a report it would be a lot quicker and
no chance for type Os.

I hope in the future that the program will allow for custom reports or at very least move to a Crystal based reporting method.

Gary
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gary,

Use Alternate Source when you place your doors and then export your cut list to excel. There will be a tab in the cut list named Door, Drawer Fronts, ALT Listing and this will have all your info. You can then sort or edit at will.

Kerry
Attachments
door list.jpg
door list.jpg (222.74 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

The files are in C:\Program Files\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\html and are named current_buylist.htm and current_cutlist.htm.

The issue is, of course, editing the files. You would have to manually edit the HTML and that is far more prone to error than is exporting the list to Excel end editing it there.

As Damon and Kerry stated, the list you need to look at is either the Buy List or Cut List, not the Cost Sheet.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gary,

Here is what I end up when I clean it up in excel.

Kerry
Attachments
door list_02.jpg
door list_02.jpg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 5597 times