Cutting door and window holes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Cutting door and window holes

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I was making a room and started to cut my door and window holes. On 3 walls it went well, just as expected. On the 4th wall I cut the door hole and went back into the room to see what it looked like. The door was on the wrong side. Everything had been referenced from the left as usual. When I went back to the wall view it was in the right place. So the only thing I could think of is I was looking at the backside of the wall when I was cutting the hole. Is this a bug? Or has it always been this way? I don't remember having this problem.

I also have a problem bringing some walls into the LDE. They show the back of the wall and you need to spin them around to see the cabinets.

The wall directions are all correct.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Cutting door and window holes

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Leo,

Post your job so we can look at it.

Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

This kitchen is driving me nuts. I finally got to the point of countertops and then I put an upper in. It said that it couldn't find the countertop and then it morphed into a bunch of weird shapes. It won't let me delete the countertop, because it thinks it is not there. Then I was moving the room around and I noticed the upper cabinet I just put in has no top, not back and no bottom. I brought it into the editor to return them and it wouldn't do it. I gave up and closed the program without saving. I am afraid to open it and see how much I need to do over again. I am not a happy camper. :wall:
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Leo,

You need to find what is wrong with this job before you put any more time into it. A lot of times I save the cabinets from the room into a file then I re-draw the room and start placing the cabinets back in until I find the problem.

Post your job file.

Kerry
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Leo,

I have had the problem with the cabinet parts missing and being attatched to the counter top quite a bit. You can go to the counter top editor then return to custom layout and the extra parts attatched to the counter top should dissapppear. At this point, I usually save the job and close e-cabinets, then restart e-cabinets and continue on with the job. Here is a picture of the problem I have had. Also, if I remember correctly, if you take the cabinet with missing parts to the cabinet editor, mouse over the cabinet parts, they will have a large negative number for their sizes.
Attachments
New Picture.JPG
New Picture.JPG (13.63 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Leo,

You need to find what is wrong with this job before you put any more time into it. A lot of times I save the cabinets from the room into a file then I re-draw the room and start placing the cabinets back in until I find the problem.

Post your job file.

Kerry

I reverted back to just the walls and started over. I have to remember to put the countertops on as the last thing, and save it as a different file. Never did figure out what was up with the cabinet with missing parts. I did notice if you go to the countetop editor the counters revert back, but as soon as you start to add more cabinets the error occurs again. At that point the last thing I want to do is save a file with errors in it. I feel it is safer to start over than have a crash when you are nearly done.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit