Production Sharing, how much does it const?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

BEN HOLM

Production Sharing, how much does it const?

Post by BEN HOLM »

So im a new member and new to eCabinet systems software. Im a General contractor at 26 years old in California third generation in my family but my love is im cabinets and furniture. I love the eCabinet software so far and use it for cut lists and bidding. So far have not used a CNC machine, but love the idea of it and hope to own one or two in the future. My question is: How do you Thermwood CNC machine owners that offer production sharing determin your pricing to other small shops like me? Do I send you my eCabinet files and and you generate how long it will take on your machine and charge an hourly rate? How do I know how much it will cost to have my parts cut using Production sharing and if it is worth it to me. I do love the idea that I can be a General contractor the majority of the time that makes most of the money and draw up some full kitchen jobs even when im swamped with work, have someone else cut them and just assemble and install in a few days. Making my production much grater and bosting my income. Almost like having two jobs. And eliminating my need for contracting out the Cabinets when Im supper busy.
So please let me know how this Production Sharing thing works!! How much it costs? Do I have to provide the materials? Do they ship my parts?
thanks
BEN
Dell Precision M6400
Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz
4GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M (6.14.11.9562)
Windows XP Pro 32bit
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Production Sharing, how much does it const?

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi Ben,
I would find some one in your area and then get with them on designing your cabinets before you get to involved.
As far as pricing, I am sure most of us cut by the sheet. You can have your material drop shipped to your cutter or I know at least for myself that I can get material and mark it up 15% and still have a lower cost than most of my cutting clients can get directly.The markup is needed to cover the ordering and oh costs asosciated to it.
HTH.
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Production Sharing, how much does it const?

Post by Brian Shannon »

Hey Ben,

Check your Private Messages.

Brian