Things go buggy after countertops......

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

markvan

Things go buggy after countertops......

Post by markvan »

Does any one else have problems editing a kitchen after countertops have been added? This always seems to happen to me if I make changes after I have added countertops. I have realized this and try to keep a final version of the kitchen, without countertops. That way I can make changes to the plan without any problems, but I have to add ctops again for presentation.

It seems that if I add cabinets after countertops have been added, things start going funny. When I add a cabinet, I get multiple error messages saying ' can't find countertop body'. I just keep clicking ok, until they stop popping up. Doesn't seem to happen every time, but has happen's regularly, so I try to avoid editing kitchen with ctops installed.

I end up with counter tops protruding out of places where they were never added. I can't delete them. The extra countertop is associated with an existing top. This last time it not only added a countertop, but changed the colour of the existing countertop above the one it added.
Attachments
countertops02.jpg
countertops02.jpg (172.76 KiB) Viewed 6670 times
Gene Kimmi

Re: Things go buggy after countertops......

Post by Gene Kimmi »

I have had this happen several times. Those extra tops have always been a part of one of the cabinets in the job. Usually a top or the back of a cabinet. If you go to the counter top editor, then return, the extra parts will dissappear.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
markvan

Post by markvan »

Thanks Gene,

That fixed it. I never tried editing the buggy top, only deleting it. Once I opened it for editing everything returned to how it should be. Thanks.

Mark.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mark,

Take a couple of your cabinets from the room into the cabinet editor and then select some of the box parts and see if you can take them to the part editor.

I have a problem that I am working on with Justin that I haven't been able to re-create. I think it started with the counter tops but I don't know yet.

Be sure and report this to the programmers.

Kerry
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Mark
Please post your job file or email it to me.
Vince Lisanti

Post by Vince Lisanti »

Hi Justin,

This has been happening to me also if I add counter tops before I am finished with the job.

I will send you the job file.

Thanks

Vince

CCS Woodworks Inc.
Dell Precision M4800
Intel(r) core(tm) i7-4800mq cpu @ 2.70ghz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K 2100M
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

I am taking a look at some of these jobs with counter tops. It will always help to send me steps along with your job file, and or any cabinets that caused issues. Try saving jobs after each change you make. This way if something comes up you can revert back to the previous job, email it to me with the steps that will help me recreate it.