Problems Placing Cabinets in Custom layout

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Brian Widiker

Problems Placing Cabinets in Custom layout

Post by Brian Widiker »

I am trying to learn how to make custom layouts, but when I try to place a cabinet I don't have the green wire frame cabinet symbol like in the tutorial. The cabinet doesn't show up until you actually place it by clicking, so I have to put my cursor close to where I want the cabinet to be and click. This makes it hard to get accurate layouts.

Thanks in advance
Brian
Justin Melhiser

Re: Problems Placing Cabinets in Custom layout

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Brian
Pertaining to our conversation over the phone, if you update your graphics card you should be fine.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I have had that same problem on my laptop computer since that layout method was released. When I am placing in the overhead mode I get no placement icon. When I switch to the wall placement mode I do have a placement icon. I've brought this up many times and tried numerous things to resolve it with no success. Fujitsu says there are no updates for this driver for this computer.

Why do these icons show in one mode and not the other? I'm figuring that it must be a different function call being used.

Joe

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
Windox XP
Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz
2 G RAM
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Joe
Do you have an example for me. It works fine on my computer. Can you send me steps to reproduce this? Send me a screen shot of placing a cabinet.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Joe,

I have the Mobility Radeon 9700 in my laptop but I don't have the problem you are having. I did install an ATI-BIOS upgrade and new drivers for the card. Both upgrades were recommended by Dell. Both of these upgrades were released in 2005.

Have you played with the hardware acceleration to try to fix it?

Kerry