Assembly marks issue

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

adamwojcik

Assembly marks issue

Post by adamwojcik »

Assembly marks ISSUE!
After the last e-cabinet update I used a new tool which is assembly marks. Unfortunately after the furniture/material was cut out, it turned out that some fixed shelves were 0.1873 to 0.2809 cut shorter than they should have been; some fixed partitions 0.1781 shorter than they should have been as well. We also cut drawers, in which case I deducted 1/2" space left side and 1/2" space right side as always in case of side mounted drawer slides. Unfortunately the program made the above fixed shelf measurement 0.1873, as I mentioned, and all drawers turned out to be useless.
I attached files with wrongly cut out cabinets and jpg files.
Thank you
Adam
Attachments
assembly marks issue cab N 01.JPG
assembly marks issue cab N 01.JPG (27.82 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
assembly marks issue cab H 01.JPG
assembly marks issue cab H 01.JPG (29.62 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
H assembly mark issue.hsf
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 293 times
Adam
D&M Woodworking Inc.
Justin Melhiser

Re: Assembly marks issue

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Adam
We are looking in to this and will get back with you as soon as I know something.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Jason says the assembly marks are to be added last. I am curious if you already have a seed cabinet with assembly marks and then you change the cabinet, Would you need to delete the assembly marks and then re-apply them. Just curious, we are going to be cutting a kitchen out tonight and need to be installing Friday morning so this job needs to flow pretty smooth, and I really don't need to find out that the cabinets are not as planed.
Damon Nabors
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Damon,

What the programmers have told me is that changing the size of the cabinets (with assembly marks allready placed) should not cause any problems. The problem found was adding fixed shelves after assembly marks were added. You could send a few of your seed cabinets to Justin (cabinets@thermwood.com) and explain what you plan on changing so that Justin can check to see if there are going to be any problems.
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com