Easy Handle Holes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Easy Handle Holes

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey How's it going?

What would really help us when programming would be if we could have handles that have a hole patten on them. Just like when we add doors we get hinge holes put in. It would be so much quicker if the handle holes got put on with a handle rather than take each drawer to PE. Sometimes we have banks of drawers with 12+ in 1 unit!

Thanks

Thom Davies
Nemanja Vujkovic

Re: Easy Handle Holes

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

I second this. It would save a lot of time on the assembly line.
I would like an option of hole diameter, distance betwwen the holes and the position on the door and/or drawer. Door and drawer position should be different setinds because 99% of the time, the patterns do not mach. Drawers usually gets the pull in the center, while doors get pulls on the side.

Nemanja
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Re: Easy Handle Holes

Post by Neville Bastian »

Yes great idea but there is a worrying trend of one handle design but various lengths depending if its a upper door, base door or a tall door. Then if it is std drawer or pot drawer the size changes.
The other issue is door pattern which may stop the drawer front having the handle in the middle of the drawer front. I'm sure the programmers can find the answer but we do need the ability to manually change the location on the fly.
If you are doing the handle holes for drawer fronts how about adding the drilling for metal drawer side fittings? Does anyone else need this?

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia