http://lrgwood.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Arrrrrrgggg........

Post by Kerry Fullington »

OK Leo,

What happened?

By the way, did you get to try the macro on your cut list?

Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Hey Kerry, ya, I did. Thanks. :beer:

I updated my eCabs to the assy marks version and ever since I did that I have been having Parasolid errors when trying to save my files. I was up until 3:30am trying to do something that wouldn't save. I had to shut it down start over, do all the edits, and save again. After about the 30th time (not kidding) I started to get a little frustrated.

I also had a kitchen that I needed to make my 4" toekicks to 5". It is a furniture look on the FF. So I brought it into the confinement manager (need I go on) and readjusted the parameters. When I went to resize some of the cabinets it wouldn't let me because of the confinement. I still don't understand why because I left a length unconfined so it could stretch that. So I needed to bring those cabinets in the editor are reconfine them and re-save the file only to get the Parasolid error. So I needed to start all over and do it again (and again and again)

I started working on it at 7:30pm and only needed to make a few adjustments :fire: :joker:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Just like I was saying AAAAAAARGG! I still have a notebook that will not run eCabs and no one has a clue why not.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Nothing to do with my computer. Somewhere there is a bad pc of data in the kitchen I have going right now and it is interfering with the saving. Just really glad they fixed the saving issue. Now it may not save, but it doesn't wipe out the file either.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Leo,

I don't know this but I think several things were broken when Thermwood started taking out the Member Store. It would probably be good for you to report your problems to the programmers with samples of your cabinets and the steps you went through so that they can look into them. The constraint manager is a great tool when it works and a pain in the butt when it doesn't.

I have been having a problem with cabinets and entire jobs losing their parasolid bodies data. I haven't been able to pin down the steps for the programmers to re-produce the problem.

Did the Macro work properly on your files or were there problems?

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Nick,
If your notebook is running XP and meets the minimum requirements of eCabs I can't think of a reason eCabinets wouldn't run.
If if is running Vista then that would be the reason.

Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I really didn't study the macro that closely. It seemed to work and it looked like there were no problems. Just to deep into this particular job for the info to be of any help. I'll be using it on the next job and watching the parts lists more closely to see if there is any problems or not.

When you make a macro, do you do it like they ded in Word Perfect. You start the recording and then you do whatever needs to be done and then stop the recording and save? I always hated that method. If you made a mistake, you needed to start over as there was no way to edit the macro. How about in Excel? Can you edit a macro or is it a one shot deal - take it or leave it?

Thanks again for the Macro, we'll see how it works on the next job. Hopefully that won't be to long. The kitchen I am working on right now has 16 cabinets and is Natural Cherry. Gonna take me a while to cut, build, finish, install. 8)
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Leo,

You can write and edit macros instead of just recording them but then you would need to know something which I don't. I just carefully record them That is why I was curious if it worked on any files other than mine. The way I recorded it, I thought, different wording of file names might mess it up. It sure does save time and makes the cut list usable.

Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Seeing as it is working on a common file output (from eCabs), then all the data is arranged the same way. The only way it would be screwy is if you chose the macro to follow your mouse actions. If you did that then we would have to be running the same resolution on our screens. Unless we just happen to be running the same resolution I would guess you chose differently otherwise. I guess I will have tolook into making macros. My wife uses Excel all the time, don't know if she dabbles in the macros though. :?:
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Kerry I did not intend to hijack this thread because it relates to my "failed to create empty document thread" I was just commiserating with Leo re my frustration with things that get broken in eCabs and what a frustrating experience it can be working with it. (see other posts.) My notebook is well up to spec, it is a Dell M90 with Quadro 3500 and 4G RAM, running XP Pro
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Nick,
That computer should be great with eCabinets.
Are you having trouble installing eCabinets or are there problems running eCabinets after the install? Who have you talked to at Thermwood about this and what did they say? I know it's tough talking to anyone because of the time difference but it might be worth staying up late (or getting up very early) to talk to someone on the phone to find out what the problem is. I would bet someone could help you get this going.
Email cabinets@thermwood.com and tell them the problem and what you have done.

Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I have run into the "failed to create empty document" in the past myself.

If you can post the exact steps that lead up to this error maybe I can help.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Nick

Here are a couple of things to check about the error you are getting:

1. Did you install as Administrator and are trying to run as a different user?
1a. Check folder permissions for the Thermwood folder and make sure that "Users" has "Write" and "Modify" permissions.

2. Have you changed the location the program was originally installed in?
2a. Check the registry key HKLM\Software\eCabinetSystems and make sure that Base_Path is EXACTLY the same as where the program is installed.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Sorry, Nick,

I wasn't paying attention when you mentioned your failed to create empty document thread. I have had this happen before also but can't remember how it was fixed.

Kerry