Help Needed with cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Help Needed with cabinet

Post by jason galbraith »

Hi, we are a wardrobe manufacturer and one of clients does specialty kitchens, and sends them through to us to nest on our thermwood CNC. He does a lot more cabinet development than us, and he has run into problems that we cannot solve, so I thought I would pass it on here.

regards

Jason

Message as follows

I would like to know how to fix the errors with hole patterns. I am finding when I make any changes to a raw shelf with my KD fitting, such as adding edge banding, making a profile cut (such as a U-shaped shelf), the hole pattern appears as red instead of blue in the CNC Nest preview. In turn, the CNC has trouble reading the hole pattern, including errors and choosing the wrong cutter, leaving a chunck in the middle of the hole. I have tried re-designing the hole pattern, but no good. I would like to see it fixed, rather than bandaid solutions.
I have attached a carcus with these problems, as well as the hole pattern I use. I would really appreciate your time to find a solution.
Kind regards
Brendan
Associate of Jason at Eastcoast Ultimate.
Pantry.esj
(612.02 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
20kd.zip
and hole pattern
(2.63 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Help Needed with cabinet

Post by DanEpps »

Isn't this the same question you asked a week ago?

Did you check for Part Editor cuts on the cabinet as suggested in the response to that question?
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Yep. This is a problem I reported sometime last year. It seems that doing Part Editor operations on a part with RTA holes causes the cam holes to be mucked up. The first indication is they show up red on the nest diagram. The second is that the cam hole ends up with what looks like a dowel in the center of it.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Here's a good one. I was trying to manually place your rafix connectors to see if it made any difference and it didn't. I tried another cabinet using just a standard base cabinet in the batch layout. When I take the cabinet into the cabinet editor and add a shelf and then make a part editor cut and then return the cabinet back to the batch. Another cabinet shows up. If you nest the cabinet, the correct cabinet shows up on the nest screen. :?

I posted the test cabinet to see if it might do it on someone else's computer.
Attachments
ECAB BUG.esj
(460.02 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Damon Nabors
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jason,

Make sure that in Control Nesting, "Settings" you have "Run pockets made of 1 arc and 1 line as a drill when the line is on the edge of the part." This should eliminate it from using the pocket tool to perform the KD/RTA holes. Let me know if this helps.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jason,

Have you tried the suggestion I gave on this post? This should take care of your KD/RTA holes on the edge of the shelves with PE cuts or edge banding. Either way, if you have a pocket tool set correctly, it should machine fine when it shows in red or blue. Also, make sure that you are using the latest update to Control nesting!

Please keep in touch with me so we can ensure that you understand this and can machine them successfully. This feature was implemented years ago specifically for this reason. I have machined quit a bit with KD/RTA and have been successful using both the pocketing method (showing as red) and by using this option to force them back to drill operations. I tried it with the job that was attached as well and all worked fine for me. So, lets keep in touch so that there is not something here that I missed or do not quit understand with your specific situation. Please feel free to call me (877-880-4638) if you need any further assistance.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Thanks for your suggestions, I will give it a go and let you know how it goes.

regards

Jason
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au