Where is V6?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Where is V6?

Post by Michael S Murray »

I dont want to see advertising if it slows the software down. I also would like to see e-cabs become the #1 software out there hands down. I have seen or used most of it and I dont think there is more than 1or2 in the competition now. I also think it needs to be taken seriously in the commercial market and for that to happen there has to be many changes and I really dont know how it can be done for free.........
I know Thermwood advertises free software, and they have lived up to their promise with current software, and its pretty darn good the way it is. If your a part-timer or knocking out a kitchen a month, I dont know what else you could possibly ask for for free. Maybe the time has come for a basic e-cabs package and then some kind of add-ons for a fee, I would gladly pay my share to help get it up to speed for commercial work. Much better solution for me than buying MV or something similar...
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Dennis Adrian

Post by Dennis Adrian »

I agree w/the previous post, much better to start paying some type of fee for using this program than to have to start all over again with another one. Either way the overhead costs go up, but at least we know what this program can do and, at least for myself, are comfortable with it.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I am still waiting on locking the drawer openning heights... Hello...

Yea I am still around guys...
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Is V6 going to take advantage of multi-core technology?
Ken Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Ken Susnjara »

Let me address some of these ideas. First, we have looked at selling advertising but to be honest, the volume of visits to our forum is not high enough and in today’s economy, web advertising is not all that profitable. We don’t think the inconvenience caused our Members would be worth the little that we could get from ads. As for user fees, our entire program has been structured around free software and setting up user fees would change the very core of what we are trying to do. Never say never, but I don’t see any user fees for the core software any time in the foreseeable future. We will begin selling peripheral software modules that work from eCabinet Systems output files such as a Code Splitter which removes rectangular panels from the .twd file and sends them to an optimized panel saw, at the same time creating a new .twd that contains only parts that require CNC machining. We will also be selling links that take the .twd files and convert them for other CNC routers (we will announce one of these next week). We are also developing an extensive on line training video that is fee based (an hour long intro will be available free on our new eCabinet Systems web site which we hope to launch next week). We hope these type of modules aimed at specific needs will generate a stream of revenue that can support the program moving forward.
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

Thanks Ken.

I'm pleased to hear that ads will not be a part of the software. I greatly appreciate your efforts with eCabinet Systems, the most powerful cabinet program out there. I of course support what ever you decide is required to keep developing the application. Being a part time software developer myself, I understand the cost of software development and support. I'm looking forward to the announcements and the next release of eCabinet Systems. Keep up the good work.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

I'm passionate about the programme and being comfortable with all aspects of it is paramount before considering buying a thermwood.We did consider even comming to the states for a training course but at this stage its just not economically viable .Reading of the online training has got us all pretty excited and I wait in anticipation for the demo next week.I know you have tried to introduce thermwoods in New Zealand before with some success and I believe training is available in Australia,but nothing beats the availability in your own country.The online training sounds like a step in the right direction for those of us that can't get to you, and hopefully will increase the interest in thermwood down here and ultimately machine sales for you.Think my next port of call will be a visit to Thoms in Christchurch or find out where the machine that Paul Ford used is now.

Keep up the great work Ken :beer:
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hey Al,
How are things? The machine I used to work on is in Rotorua at Middleton Joinery. The boss man there would be more than happy to show you his operation.
It's looking like i'll be working there again within a few weeks so ill touch base with you and get you over for a look. Would be good to catch up!
Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

Thats great Paul,looking forward to hearing from you :D
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Thanks Al,
Its all confirmed, im moving up there in a couple of weeks. I think my start date is the 27th April. Looking forward to getting stuck back in to eCabinets and Thermwood! You will have to come have a look at the Router sometime. It's a little bit out of date but ill work on getting it up to the latest version of software etc once I start.