Getting cabinets to butt up to each other

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Adam DAgosto
Company Name: VCC

Getting cabinets to butt up to each other

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Hello.

Can someone help me get my cabinets to butt up against each other?

I can manually shift them side to side and get them really close, but now I'm pulling dimensions off wall and looking at the separation between cabinets and I'm off by tiny bits here and there.

If I could move them by 1/64" I'd probably be okay, but there ought to be a better way.

Any help?

Thx.

Adam
Dennis Adrian

Re: Getting cabinets to butt up to each other

Post by Dennis Adrian »

Highlight the cabinet that you want to move and the one next to it, there should be a red number between the two which is the distance between then. Now set to move increment to that number an press shift plus the arrow key to move the cabinet the exact distance.
ScotAcree
Company Name: Scot Acree Woodworkig LLC

Post by ScotAcree »

When you use the Select Items to Install,make sure you have Placement Options set to Align to Back or Front,and the cabinet will butt up to the cabinet.Look under the Tutorials under Custom Layout Part 3 - Installing Cabinets and Assemblies.

Scot
Adam DAgosto
Company Name: VCC

Post by Adam DAgosto »

Hi.

I have had these settings set before and it did not seem to work. I had it set to the Back.

Are there any other ways to get cabinets to butt up to each other or are those two suggestions the best?

Btw, the first post got me going, thx. I think it should work like you suggested, but I must have been doing something wrong somewhere!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Adam,

Make sure you don't have a cabinet to cabinet clearance set in Define Standard Dimensions under Preferences

I also right click and uncheck Snap (grid snap) and check Object Snap so the cabinets don't snap to the grid.

When you place a cabinet use Align to back (in most cases) and the wire frame will turn green when it hits the wall. Now drag your mouse toward the cabinet you are snapping to and a yellow box will appear as you pull the cabinets together. Click to place the cabinet. They should snap together.

Kerry