System hangs on deleted lighting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dan Senkiewicz

System hangs on deleted lighting

Post by Dan Senkiewicz »

I have a decent sized kitchen I'm working on and just went back to delete all the lighting (to reconfigure anew) and each time I hit delete and confirm my system hangs on the "Reconfiguring cabinets... message". The status bar pins at about 50% and the hard drive churns. I figure I shouldn't have to wait more than 15 minutes for this to be committed.

Any thoughts?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: System hangs on deleted lighting

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Maybe try deleting one light at a time. You can also try hiding doors,drawers and moldings before you delete, that may help.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

can you post the job for us to look at?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Dan,

I see 2 issues with this job. 1st is the delete issue you are experiencing with the light fixtures and the second is a large negative number for the sheet stock quantity in the cut list. I do not know exactly how you got it to this state, but the good news is I can fix both with a few steps. Here is what I do to fix both issues:

1.) load the job and un-hide the light fixtures.
2.) delete cabinet #1 from the room (the lone upper cabinet on wall #3). This will get it out of the state that causes the light fixture deleting freeze up.
3.) select the light fixtures and delete them (this will now work).
4.) add the upper cabinet deleted in step 2 back in.
<Now to fix cut list issue:>
5.) one at a time, take cabinet #17 and cabinet #18 to the cabinet editor (from the room ) and go to Construction settings and then select OK to regenerate the cabinet. Return to the room applying the changes.
...Now, both issues should be resolved.

You may want to examine these 2 cabs in your library and see if they present the same cut list issue. If so, regen and resave them.

The light fixture delete problem stems from the fact that some how there were 2 cabinets labeled cabinet #8 in the job. The deleting of that cabinet in my step #2 caused a renumbering/reordering which resolved that. It would be nice if we knew the steps you took that caused it to get this repeat cab #. If we can reproduce it, we can prevent it from happening in the future.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000